Matt Lauer Fired

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I'm definitely not sad for Matt with how smug and holier than thou he acts when covering anyone accused of wrongdoing.

Found it strange that Savannah said she was sad for him before she said she was sad for the victim who came forward. Guess it's different when your buddy is the perpetrator.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I’m still conflicted with this stuff. If they are doing these thing this is great that they are being held responsible. I never interact with people like these so I don’t know but I just have a hard time processing that this was as rampant as it was reported. If it was it is extremely disturbing to me that it was allowed to go on.

I know I’ve said it before but this stuff scares me as a guy who would never do anything like this with as much effort I can. It just makes me absolutely terrified to work with women though.

I’m not sure what the solution is but we need to get abusers out of society and also make sure we making sure others are aware when we are uncomfortable. I completely get why people didn’t come forward before but I think that might be some of why the situation is as bad as it is. Many likely don’t even realize what they are doing. Those are the types of situations that are more concerning to me because it comes from a misunderstanding.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Just watched the start of the Today show and Savanah seemed to have a hard time keeping it together at times while doing this as their lead story. Must have been a very believable complaint with some kind of proof behind it for NBC to fire him within 24 hours of the complaint brought forward.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I'm definitely not sad for Matt with how smug and holier than thou he acts when covering anyone accused of wrongdoing.

Found it strange that Savannah said she was sad for him before she said she was sad for the victim who came forward. Guess it's different when your buddy is the perpetrator.
Savannah and Matt were probably sleeping together.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Don't assume that the first public complaint about Lauer means NBC had no prior insight into his behavior. To the contrary, his rapid firing probably indicates they are afraid of an avalanche of accusations getting into the NY Times.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Just watched the start of the Today show and Savanah seemed to have a hard time keeping it together at times while doing this as their lead story. Must have been a very believable complaint with some kind of proof behind it for NBC to fire him within 24 hours of the complaint brought forward.

My thought is he admitted .... and with that, pulled the trigger.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I think it was kind of crappy to spring it on her like they did. I bet she’s pissed.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Not even a suspension to “look into it”, just straight up fired him- like @keepngoal said that maybe he admitted to it or maybe even had video proof?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I’m still conflicted with this stuff. If they are doing these thing this is great that they are being held responsible. I never interact with people like these so I don’t know but I just have a hard time processing that this was as rampant as it was reported. If it was it is extremely disturbing to me that it was allowed to go on.

See, but the thing is that you do likely interact with people like these. I think that, if you polled almost every woman on the board, they would have a story of sexual harassment or assault in their history.

This is NOT to say that women are the only victims. They just traditionally are victimized more as part of a male-dominant society.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

I was really impressed how Gayle and Norah handled themselves last week when the Charlie Rose news broke. Don't watch nbc morning news but if what you said is the case that's bad.

• Agree
Reactions: harimad