• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
What things MCU related which have been announced so far are you guys most looking forward to? Here is my ranking:

1. Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings
  2. Spider-Man: No Way Home
  3. Fantastic Four
  4. Blade
  5. Moon Knight
  6. Guardians of the Galaxy 3
  7. Thor: Love and Thunder
  8. Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
  9. The Eternals
  10. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
  11. Hawkeye
  12. Secret Wars
  13. The Marvels
  14. Armour Wars
  15. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
  16. She-Hulk
  17. Ms. Marvel
  18. Ironheart
  19. What If....?
FYI.... me ranking Black Panther so low isn't me bashing that world or characters, but more a testament to how much I loved Chadwick Boseman in the role and just can't get excited for Black Panther anything without him. Honestly, I would have preferred they recast the role, as there was still many more T'Challa stories needing to be told.

1. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings
3. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
4. Thor: Love and Thunder
5. Guardians of the Galaxy 3
6. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
7. Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
8. Hawkeye
9-19. TBD

Shang-Chi looks like a ton of fun with a good cast. The trailer they released before Black Widow was a selling point for my daughter, too. After that, I'm ready for the next Spider-Man. Beyond those two, I guess I'm a sucker for content that I'm more familiar with.

I'm really leery about Dr. Strange since the first solo movie was underwhelming and some of the multiverse stuff falls flat with me.

I prefer a simple street-level superhero battle focusing on characters versus a storyline centering around multiple universes, time travel or large scale cosmic consequences. Even though Infinity War was amazing, the origin story, no matter how repetitive, appeals to me first and foremost.

In the end, I'm sure I'll see every shred of content that Marvel puts out there unless I hit superhero burn-out.

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
8. Hawkeye
9-19. TBD

Shang-Chi looks like a ton of fun with a good cast. The trailer they released before Black Widow was a selling point for my daughter, too. After that, I'm ready for the next Spider-Man. Beyond those two, I guess I'm a sucker for content that I'm more familiar with.

I'm really leery about Dr. Strange since the first solo movie was underwhelming and some of the multiverse stuff falls flat with me.

I prefer a simple street-level superhero battle focusing on characters versus a storyline centering around multiple universes, time travel or large scale cosmic consequences. Even though Infinity War was amazing, the origin story, no matter how repetitive, appeals to me first and foremost.

In the end, I'm sure I'll see every shred of content that Marvel puts out there unless I hit superhero burn-out.

I'm very similar to you in a lot of ways. It's also why I am less excited for No Way Home than I would be for a good old friendly neighborhood Spider-Man battle on a much smaller scale. After Endgame, I was excited for things to scale down rather than up. Not sure that is what we are getting.. It's also what is attracting me to Shang Chi right now.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
What things MCU related which have been announced so far are you guys most looking forward to? Here is my ranking:

1. Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings
  3. Fantastic Four
  4. Blade
  5. Moon Knight
  6. Guardians of the Galaxy 3
  7. Thor: Love and Thunder
  8. Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
  9. The Eternals
  10. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
  11. Hawkeye
  12. Secret Wars
  13. The Marvels
  14. Armour Wars
  15. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
  16. She-Hulk
  17. Ms. Marvel
  18. Ironheart
  19. What If....?
FYI.... me ranking Black Panther so low isn't me bashing that world or characters, but more a testament to how much I loved Chadwick Boseman in the role and just can't get excited for Black Panther anything without him. Honestly, I would have preferred they recast the role, as there was still many more T'Challa stories needing to be told.

You guys know me by now to know how much I love me some MCU, HOWEVER, after that latest Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer, that movie would top anything on my MCU list EASY.

tenor-1.gif

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I don’t think there’s a single upcoming MCU release that I’m really dreading except for Hawkeye. Although admittedly I was not too excited about the prospect of a Loki solo series until I saw the trailer, so I’m willing to be patient.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Well…Black Widow/Natasha gonna stay dead:

And “tortious interference” makes an appearance here also.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
8. Hawkeye
9-19. TBD

The Eternals is what I am most excited about, but it's also the only upcoming Marvel property I've been working with for my job so the hours of sweat equity probably make me very biased. Likely will get to work on product for No Way Home and whenever a Spiderverse sequel gets moving along, not sure about any of the rest.

I also grew up reading all the cosmic Marvel when my friends were buying Spider-Man/X-Men/Ghostrider. Eternals is going to give me that more than Endgame did, I liked Endgame but in the comics more of that battle took place in an Eternals/Guardians type of setting out in space.

Reactions: Zenthar

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Saw that too. Yeah, not bad timing now that her story is done is a good time to file the lawsuit.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I don’t think there’s a single upcoming MCU release that I’m really dreading except for Hawkeye. Although admittedly I was not too excited about the prospect of a Loki solo series until I saw the trailer, so I’m willing to be patient.

Interesting. Curious why Hawkeye is that one? To me, I'm somewhat the opposite. Care to elaborate?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

I'm not a lawyer...but SpaceJam held its own at the box office with Black Widow and released streaming for $0.00 if you have HBO, or $15.00 and a free month of HBO. Vs $30 for just Black Widow for D+ subscribers.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I think Hawkeye has the potential to have solid characters. If there is cohesion with Renner and Steinfeld, I think this one could be surprisingly good.

Hoping anyway.

• Agree

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

It seems like common sense, but proving that she lost out on box office bonuses might be difficult. However, if her contract had terms for an exclusive box office release, it seems like she's got a pretty legit gripe.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
It seems like common sense, but proving that she lost out on box office bonuses might be difficult. However, if her contract had terms for an exclusive box office release, it seems like she's got a pretty legit gripe.

Yeah, this seems like it should be an extremely straightforward case. Either her contract was never renegotiated and included an exclusive theatrical release, in which case she'll almost certainly be getting more money (though pinning down an amount will likely prove difficult; and I don't remember if Black Widow technically released exclusively in theaters for like a day or two; if so, maybe Disney would try to argue that theaters did have an exclusive at release), or it was renegotiated to reflect the changing circumstances due to the pandemic, in which case she'll either lose or Disney will settle out of court to put the matter to bed.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Interesting. Curious why Hawkeye is that one? To me, I'm somewhat the opposite. Care to elaborate?

Jeremy Renner has never been a favorite of mine, and I just don't have an idea of what the series will cover or what it will do to advance the character and overall story. Also, I have heard that Hailee Steinfield (playing Kate Bishop, Hawkeye's supposed replacement in the MCU) did not really get along with Renner on set while filming Hawkeye, so that makes me a little concerned about chemistry issues that may plague the series.

Again, I'm willing to wait and see. Maybe it'll surpass my expectations. Right now I'm just not excited for it.

• Informative

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Jeremy Renner has never been a favorite of mine, and I just don't have an idea of what the series will cover or what it will do to advance the character and overall story. Also, I have heard that Hailee Steinfield (playing Kate Bishop, Hawkeye's supposed replacement in the MCU) did not really get along with Renner on set while filming Hawkeye, so that makes me a little concerned about chemistry issues that may plague the series.

Again, I'm willing to wait and see. Maybe it'll surpass my expectations. Right now I'm just not excited for it.

Renner's a bit of a weird case. I seem to recall that he's been difficult to work with on at least one or two other MCU projects (pretty sure I remember reading something about him frequently and loudly "joking" that Hawkeye needs to die on set; sounded like he was *really* ready to be done with the superhero beat). But he's definitely very talented (though he hasn't really taken on any projects that let that shine through in almost a decade); he was outstanding in both The Hurt Locker, The Town, and Wind River, and I always liked his performance in S.W.A.T. and even his guest spot on House, M.D.

But he does seem to be difficult to work with, which might explain why he hasn't done all that much outside of the MCU for quite awhile. Plus he's got some pretty serious baggage in his personal life, as well.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Renner's a bit of a weird case. I seem to recall that he's been difficult to work with on at least one or two other MCU projects (pretty sure I remember reading something about him frequently and loudly "joking" that Hawkeye needs to die on set; sounded like he was *really* ready to be done with the superhero beat). But he's definitely very talented (though he hasn't really taken on any projects that let that shine through in almost a decade); he was outstanding in both The Hurt Locker, The Town, and Wind River, and I always liked his performance in S.W.A.T. and even his guest spot on House, M.D.

But he does seem to be difficult to work with, which might explain why he hasn't done all that much outside of the MCU for quite awhile. Plus he's got some pretty serious baggage in his personal life, as well.

He was good in the Bourne knock-off movie.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Interesting, I had not heard about the rumor of conflict between him and Hailee Steinfield

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

The only one I remember of Renner being not content was actually with his role in the first Avengers movie. He hated the idea that he was pretty much a mind-controlled zombie throughout most that movie. I always found that interesting as I loved what Whedon did with his character in that movie. With that said, I feel like as time has gone on, he has gotten more and more comfortable with his role in the MCU and has even showed at times lots of camaraderie with the group. I could be wrong with that though.