Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

I mean this sincerely, Sony needs to not do this. Apparently Madame Web is just an abomination. I love Miles, and the Miles they have given us in the Spider-Verse movies is absolutely outstanding. They are going to make yet another GARBAGE movie with Miles at the center and IMO the character deserves better.

People want to talk about the Marvel dip, and I'm right there with you, they aren't quite as good. But it's trash like this and Morbius that is actually going to kill the super hero thing.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I mean this sincerely, Sony needs to not do this. Apparently Madame Web is just an abomination. I love Miles, and the Miles they have given us in the Spider-Verse movies is absolutely outstanding. They are going to make yet another GARBAGE movie with Miles at the center and IMO the character deserves better.

People want to talk about the Marvel dip, and I'm right there with you, they aren't quite as good. But it's trash like this and Morbius that is actually going to kill the super hero thing.

Until Amy Pascal and and Avi Arad are gone, Sony's Marvel Universe will be a crap show. Both those two are completely incompetent.

Reactions: bos

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Only a few months late, but finally finished Loki S2 last night. Like to watch these with the wife and I just don’t think she was ready to tackle another 6 episodes of Loki like I was. I understood, since the Loki theme takes some effort to follow.

Anyway…loved it. Absolutely loved it. I thought I would, because I really liked S1, but damn, I thought S2 was great.

I didn’t really care for Timely, but He Who Remains was excellent. Certainly shows a glimpse of Majors’ range. Bummer he had to screw it up.

Hiddleston and Wilson are really good. Great chemistry as was the case in S1. The new/more developed characters were good too, and the end was amazing.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I love how the Hollywood industry publications continue to say Madam Web is only doing bad due to "Superhero Fatigue." I can't wait for Deadpool & Wolverine to torpedo that narrative.
Dunno, Ive seen more "this is ****" type reviews for this one than any other of the recents and they havent brought up fatigue. The Marvels was pretty bad, but Madame Web is a complete **** show. Now that they are getting a bit free from their original committments and have been slowing down their output, I am hoping for some better writing and coherent plots.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I love how the Hollywood industry publications continue to say Madam Web is only doing bad due to "Superhero Fatigue." I can't wait for Deadpool & Wolverine to torpedo that narrative.
I’m intrigued by Madame Web. I know nothing of the characters. I do know the actors of the main protagonists though, and I’m not entirely convinced of their acting chops. Said another way, I’ve seen them in other things, and haven’t been terribly impressed with their performances.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Dunno, Ive seen more "this is ****" type reviews for this one than any other of the recents and they havent brought up fatigue. The Marvels was pretty bad, but Madame Web is a complete **** show. Now that they are getting a bit free from their original committments and have been slowing down their output, I am hoping for some better writing and coherent plots.

Oh, no doubt the vast majority of them have acknowledged the movies weak plot, bad editing...etc. However, a few are still refusing to anger Disney and have gone with the whole "This movie is doing bad because of superhero fatigue" type line. If Deadpool 3 does well, and IMO it likely will, that line of cover will be gone. Very much how Top Gun 2 ended the whole "This movie is doing bad because people don't want to go to the theater due to COVID" cover story.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I’m intrigued by Madame Web. I know nothing of the characters. I do know the actors of the main protagonists though, and I’m not entirely convinced of their acting chops. Said another way, I’ve seen them in other things, and haven’t been terribly impressed with their performances.

Sign me up for a movie where Dakota Johnson and Sydney Sweeney run around kicking ass in skin tight outfits. :)

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

They've been trying to push the 'superhero fatigue' narrative for over a decade now. Even before Avengers came out and the MCU went on to generate billions upon billions of dollars in the years to follow.

What people have is a fatigue for a franchise that has stagnated and has felt rather rudderless since Endgame came out 5 years ago. Even though i enjoyed some of the material (even some of the stuff a lot of people didn't like), its all left me rather unenthused for the whole franchise.

• Agree

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Sign me up for a movie where Dakota Johnson and Sydney Sweeney run around kicking ass in skin tight outfits. :)
I get that, but if they don’t show they have any acting range (and Sydney Sweeney hasn’t shown me she can be anything other than a “I’m too cool for this, everything is boring, good looking, EMO” character), that only goes so far.

• Agree
Reactions: Gorm

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I mean, you dont need to waste money on that movie to get what you’re looking for there. ahahahahah

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gorm

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
They've been trying to push the 'superhero fatigue' narrative for over a decade now. Even before Avengers came out and the MCU went on to generate billions upon billions of dollars in the years to follow.

What people have is a fatigue for a franchise that has stagnated and has felt rather rudderless since Endgame came out 5 years ago. Even though i enjoyed some of the material (even some of the stuff a lot of people didn't like), its all left me rather unenthused for the whole franchise.

What people are tired of is bad movies. And while Marvel had some clunkers in there, we are getting way more bad than good.

Let's run down the list of what has been released in the last 2 years or so.

1. Ant-Man Quantumania: I didn't think this movie was terrible and it had some legit funny stuff, but let's be honest it wasn't that good.
2. Shazam 2: Garbage
3. Guardians 3: Great
4. Spider-Man Across the Spider Verse: Great
5. The Flash: 'Nuff Said
6. Blue Bettle: Honestly I liked it. But it's still just okay.
7. The Marvels: Just okay at best.
8. Aquaman 2: ugh
9. Madame Web: Supposedly just an awful movie.
10. Morbius: It's not Morbin' time
11. Thor Love and Thunder: Truly mailed in
12. Black Adam: No words
13: Dr. Strange MoM: I know some liked this. I honestly hated this movie.
14. Black Panther, WF: Okay. 30 minutes too long again.
15. The Batman: I liked this one a lot.

That's 15 movies. Of that 15, I have 3 good to great movies, 4 movies I think are just okay and I'll never watch again, and 8 movies which I think are truly abominable and I'll either never watch or didn't even finish watching. Marvel has missed in the past but this hit rate is wayyyy to low and people are no longer confident they are going to have a good time with these.

Let me put it this way: how many movies on that list are better than Thor 2? Iron Man 2? I mean it takes a lot to get me waxing poetic about the days of Whiplash but here we are.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
What people are tired of is bad movies. And while Marvel had some clunkers in there, we are getting way more bad than good.

Let's run down the list of what has been released in the last 2 years or so.

1. Ant-Man Quantumania: I didn't think this movie was terrible and it had some legit funny stuff, but let's be honest it wasn't that good.
2. Shazam 2: Garbage
3. Guardians 3: Great
4. Spider-Man Across the Spider Verse: Great
5. The Flash: 'Nuff Said
6. Blue Bettle: Honestly I liked it. But it's still just okay.
7. The Marvels: Just okay at best.
8. Aquaman 2: ugh
9. Madame Web: Supposedly just an awful movie.
10. Morbius: It's not Morbin' time
11. Thor Love and Thunder: Truly mailed in
12. Black Adam: No words
13: Dr. Strange MoM: I know some liked this. I honestly hated this movie.
14. Black Panther, WF: Okay. 30 minutes too long again.
15. The Batman: I liked this one a lot.

That's 15 movies. Of that 15, I have 3 good to great movies, 4 movies I think are just okay and I'll never watch again, and 8 movies which I think are truly abominable and I'll either never watch or didn't even finish watching. Marvel has missed in the past but this hit rate is wayyyy to low and people are no longer confident they are going to have a good time with these.

Let me put it this way: how many movies on that list are better than Thor 2? Iron Man 2? I mean it takes a lot to get me waxing poetic about the days of Whiplash but here we are.
I’ve only seen 6 of these, and I get what you’re saying. I plan on watching Madame Web…I think…but I never planned on watching the others.

1. Ant-Man
2. GotG3
3. Thor: L&T
4. Dr Strange
5. Black Panther
6. The Batman

I’m my opinion, all of them were “just OK”.

The Batman is an obvious outlier for me here, but I’ve really enjoyed the Batman movies over the years…even the really campy ones…so I had to watch it. Too dark. Not necessarily thematically either. The whole thing was hard to see :D

I know people really liked GotG3, but it was weird for me. Didn’t feel like it necessarily “fit” with the other to Guardians movies, which threw me off. Not bad, but didn’t meet my expectations either.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I’ve only seen 6 of these, and I get what you’re saying. I plan on watching Madame Web…I think…but I never planned on watching the others.

1. Ant-Man
2. GotG3
3. Thor: L&T
4. Dr Strange
5. Black Panther
6. The Batman

I’m my opinion, all of them were “just OK”.

The Batman is an obvious outlier for me here, but I’ve really enjoyed the Batman movies over the years…even the really campy ones…so I had to watch it. Too dark. Not necessarily thematically either. The whole thing was hard to see :D

I know people really liked GotG3, but it was weird for me. Didn’t feel like it necessarily “fit” with the other to Guardians movies, which threw me off. Not bad, but didn’t meet my expectations either.

I was honestly trying to be generous. I don’t think any movie in the last 2 years makes my top 25 super hero movies. I agree here.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron