• Mahomes

Votes: 120 60.6%
  • Allen

Votes: 78 39.4%

• Total voters

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
I am kind of waiting for Allen to get a massive leg injury at some point. He just runs so often, runs to contact, and stands upright when he does it. For me it feels like just a question of when he will be knocked out for a season and come back a bit slower then before. Sorry to be a pessimist.

• Wow
Reactions: dahliaclone

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Hypothetical situation they're both FA's after this year. You're an NFL GM and have a chance to sign one for the next 10 years. Who are you taking?
Has to be Mahomes. Allen is great, but Mahomes is better in almost every way…other than running. And you have to figure Allen’s running ability will start to fall off due to an injury or age…always happens.

• Agree
Reactions: dahliaclone

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I am kind of waiting for Allen to get a massive leg injury at some point. He just runs so often, runs to contact, and stands upright when he does it. For me it feels like just a question of when he will be knocked out for a season and come back a bit slower then before. Sorry to be a pessimist.
Holy **** I can't believe you posted this. I've thought for two years now in the back of my head 'Allen is one of those guys that is great but his gutsy plays...something is gonna sideline him and it's gonna be bad'

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
313-150 + 184-92 + 129-58 + 38:15-21:45 = 10-7

Yeah that's kind of my point. The whole "he couldn't beat him H2H in the playoffs" thing is just silly IMO. There's a lot more that goes into a Bills v. Chiefs playoff game than just QB play. To use that as a gauge as to who the better QB is nonsense. Just like saying Eli was better than Brady because he was 2-0 in Super Bowls is nonsense.
Except nobody is using that as the gauge. Mahomes has better statistics. More regular season wins. More playoff wins. And yes he beaten Allen each time they faced off in the playoffs. That is one factor.

Those things all add up. But somehow we have posters saying Allen is better and “it’s not even close.” That’s ridiculous.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I'm a Bills fan, so I'm obviously going with Allen. That said, it's hard to pick against Allen here because he's more the traditional type of QB that generally does better in the long run. Also, I think Mahomes was more NFL ready coming into the league and was able to shine right away.

As a side, I went to the game Sunday and man it was fun watching these two dudes work in person. Such a great atmosphere and awesome game. Bills Mafia was so well represented.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
For some reason I like Allen's game in the playoffs with running/grind it out style but that doesn't make sense since Mahomes has led his teams to wins vs. Allen's.

Imo the NFL seems pretty 'blah' this year so at least there's these two QBs.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Mahomes has proven year after year he can sustain an entire season and put his team in a good position come the playoffs. In 4 seasons he's 8-3 in the playoffs, hosted the AFC championship each season, never had a road playoff game, and been to the Super Bowl twice (won one).

Josh Allen hasn't been able to do that in his 4 seasons. Allen is 3-3 in the playoffs with all his wins coming in Buffalo and all his losses coming on the road.

Take last year... After the Bills beat the Chiefs in the regular season, at that point the Chiefs were 2-3 and the Bills were 4-1. Chiefs hosted and beat the Bills in the playoffs. Chiefs have also had the tougher division to work with, and have dominated it.

Mahomes, and it's not close.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Except nobody is using that as the gauge. Mahomes has better statistics. More regular season wins. More playoff wins. And yes he beaten Allen each time they faced off in the playoffs. That is one factor.

Those things all add up. But somehow we have posters saying Allen is better and “it’s not even close.” That’s ridiculous.
313-150 + 184-92 + 129-58 + 38:15-21:45 = 10-7

Yeah and I'd chalk a lot of that up to PM having a much better cast around him than JA has had most of his career up to now. Mahomes stepped in and definitely set the league on fire. Allen didn't have near the success PM did early but now has an equally solid roster. Allen's having a better year stats wise so far this season.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Went Allen. His ceiling of Super Bowl wins is higher even though he’s behind in that category right now. KC is obviously on the downslope of their run. They are going to have to re-tool again soon.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Went Allen. His ceiling of Super Bowl wins is higher even though he’s behind in that category right now. KC is obviously on the downslope of their run. They are going to have to re-tool again soon.
KC has retooled - almost all rookies minus Kelce and Jones. Young Oline, LB, and secondary.

Buffalo needs to do something this year or next before Allen cap hit.

NFL salary cap too difficult to build super team and maintain success is partially what mahomes ‘struggling’ with now.