Lua brewing introduces THC/CBD beverage

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Will they continue shipping to a state where it’s illegal?
I'm not sure. Since Sky High also sells thru physical outlets within Iowa, I'm sure they're aware of the change. Does the new Iowa law apply if the purchase is made out-of-state? Remember, the bozos under the dome aren't too bright and can't legislate without boilerplate think tank templates.

Last edited:

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I'm not sure. Since Sky High also sells thru physical outlets within Iowa, I'm sure they're aware of the change. Does the new Iowa law apply if the purchase is made out-of-state? Remember, the bozos under the dome aren't too bright and can't legislate with boilerplate think tank templates.
Pretty sure it will apply to any hemp product whether it’s made here or not so you’re better off just driving to Eagleville when you need to restock.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Pretty sure it will apply to any hemp product whether it’s made here or not so you’re better off just driving to Eagleville when you need to restock.
Oh, for sure. There’s always a good time for a road trip. I’m also sure there will be some non-compliant product “discreetly packaged” for your enjoyment.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Lua owner speaks on Reddit. gives a lot of credit to Zach Nunn. Wish more in that party would do the same.

We’re working on this at the federal level too. I believe it’s unlikely to result in a ban. Politics are a marathon.

I’m texting with Zach Nunn and he has been a huge supporter for keeping hemp alive for Iowa businesses and farmers. He deserves much praise for this.

Reactions: FerShizzle

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I don’t get it, is someone forcing you to be in Iowa?

Tone deaf post. If only it were “just that easy” to leave, right? Plenty of things keep those of us dissatisfied with this state from moving away. Family, finances, even just plain familiarity. It’s hard to leave a place that you’ve called home for years, maybe even decades.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Tone deaf post. If only it were “just that easy” to leave, right? Plenty of things keep those of us dissatisfied with this state from moving away. Family, finances, even just plain familiarity. It’s hard to leave a place that you’ve called home for years, maybe even decades.

Yeah, even aside from the direct things people think about, building a whole new network in a new location is no simple thing

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I thought the Iowa bill ended up being something CK was ok working with?
There is a post a couple of pages back. It was originally supposed to be okay to have a 10 mg can with 2.5 servings of 4 mg. Then they added shady verbiage to make 4 mg the most for any single container.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Yeah, someone is missing the boat not making a crapton of "5 Hour Energy" type 6-packs @ 4mg/vial.
Climbing Kites will have this available the day the new restrictions kick in, guaranteed.

Personally the 2.5s are perfect so this won’t change my consumption but the remedy seems obvious

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Climbing Kites will have this available the day the new restrictions kick in, guaranteed.

Personally the 2.5s are perfect so this won’t change my consumption but the remedy seems obvious
I'm sure they will do it, but I'd guess that changing their entire setup will not be cheap, and their drinks are expensive already.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
There is a post a couple of pages back. It was originally supposed to be okay to have a 10 mg can with 2.5 servings of 4 mg. Then they added shady verbiage to make 4 mg the most for any single container.
So our elected officials are just guaranteeing that Iowans will add tax revenue to Illinois, Missouri, and Minnesota as this will impact many businesses.

As usual free market and small government are just phrases for campaigns that they don’t actually follow.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
I guess Lua Brewing must have just thrown up their hands and given in, seeing that they are NOT part of this coalition. Anyone have any evidence they haven't capitulated?

1717676761494.png

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron