Long term implications

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
Kohl might get some run soon because our coaching staff is currently impervious to common sense. IMO he would fare no better than Rocco.

ISU needs an offensive change in direction, full stop. If they do this, Rocco will have success, and so would Kohl.

Why not try Tanner Hughes, because supposedly he is a running QB? He will not have success either, until the offensive scheme and play-calling changes. It's really that simple.

Rocco should remain QB1, and the starting head coach should be subbed out.

Campbell could turn this around with a complete offensive change in strategy. Of course it would have to gradual at this point, but it needs to change. Campbell and the present coaches know the schemes. I would hope. Will they do it or not is the question.

He won't though, and that is the problem. Change the offensive strategy now and start practicing these changes. That's what it will take. It would take time to see the results, play by play, but improvement would be seen on gameday. This is the lack of preparation that Rocco is referring to, IMO.

Practicing the same old offensive sets will not yield the desired results on gameday.

Meh….fans always want some sort of magical “scheme” change that is going to fix everything.

Doesn’t typically work like that. They need to figure out how to make what they “do”, work better, because it can and has!

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Yearcompositetransferoverall

CMC doesn’t use the transfer portal effectively. There is a great deal of potential for quick improvement if the transfer portal can be utilized well
The first few classes diamonds in the rough like Brock Purdy, Charlie Kolar, and Mike Rose. There have been no guys like that since really.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Meh….fans always want some sort of magical “scheme” change that is going to fix everything.

Doesn’t typically work like that. They need to figure out how to make what they “do”, work better, because it can and has!
You can't win without good offensive line play. Or win consistently at least. A good O-line will get you 6 wins a year. Look at Iowa. Breece Hall would have had 2000 yards with a decent offensive line.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Man - graduated as loyal son 1976 - and attended 100’s of games home and away. Have seen horrible football where the teams just gave up.

Folks this isn’t that! I’m pissed about the video with Matt being out of control- but that’s it!

This team has talent- and leadership. You guys are doing the surrender cobra after 3 games. Sheesh.

I think OUR Cyclones win the next 3 straight with some of them being convincing wins.

Then you boys will realize we do have the right man at the helm.

Could you list the players on offense that would be 100% surefire starters at any other Big 12 team?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

You and Brian, huh?

No, at this point I think it is clear that a change in scheme and philosophy is needed.

I thought I also indicated that even if they were to change said philosophy now, which they won't, it would take time to see significant improvement. It wouldn't be anything magical.

You would see some immediate improvement though, IMO, if they practiced these changes.

• Agree
Reactions: loyalsons4evertrue

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Could you list the players on offense that would be 100% surefire starters at any other Big 12 team?
Easton or one of the other tight ends. Rocco would be a starter for most teams, although in another year or so. Also I think Higgins would be a WR starter on some big 12 teams

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
There is some. I just think Heacock is a top-notch coordinator more than anything.
They’re a top 5 talented defense in the conference. Name me other schools in the big 12 with more talent on defense

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Man - graduated as loyal son 1976 - and attended 100’s of games home and away. Have seen horrible football where the teams just gave up.

Folks this isn’t that! I’m pissed about the video with Matt being out of control- but that’s it!

This team has talent- and leadership. You guys are doing the surrender cobra after 3 games. Sheesh.

I think OUR Cyclones win the next 3 straight with some of them being convincing wins.

Then you boys will realize we do have the right man at the helm.
we *might* beat Oklahoma State, but we are not beating OU or TCU......even though their defenses aren't the greatest, we don't have the offense to keep up with them.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Matt Blair, my young friend?
Mike Rose was a legit 1st team All-American. His play his sophomore year and junior year was as good as any LB in America. Its a shame his body got destroyed. He was at another level even compared to Jake Knott, Dobbins, Blair or whoever else you throw in there.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
I’d say there is a lot of talent on defense
that's not what we're worried about......we have almost zero offensive talent other than our qb's. Now, even with our current talent, there's no reason the offense should be as bad as it currently is.

Our scheme and OL is a major factor in why we suck right now.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
that's not what we're worried about......we have almost zero offensive talent other than our qb's. Now, even with our current talent, there's no reason the offense should be as bad as it currently is.

The OL has only allowed one sack through three games. Their pass protection has been good. I propose the offense move towards a west coast offense style. Short passes replace the runs.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown

A Big 12 caliber offensive line ends up wearing down a team like Ohio.

Help Support Us

Become a patron