Letterkenny

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Damn you all! I have wasted a good part of the morning checking into this. :)

Actually looks like it going to be solid. I am actually heading to Canada for 10 hopefully my son and I can get some of it downloaded for the drive.

Reactions: Angie

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It's also made me painfully aware of how frequently people say "How are ya now?" as a greeting.

On the one hand, this is show is very Canadian. On the other, it has an extremely high rate of translation to rural Midwestern life.

"Pack'a coyotes come up to the property the other day. ****, those yellow-eyed bastards'll go right through the screen door when they're horny".

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
It's also made me painfully aware of how frequently people say "How are ya now?" as a greeting.

On the one hand, this is show is very Canadian. On the other, it has an extremely high rate of translation to rural Midwestern life.

"Pack'a coyotes come up to the property the other day. ****, those yellow-eyed bastards'll go right through the screen door when they're horny".

I knew at least 8 guys like Wayne in my graduating class alone. Cowboys who wore the button-ups, Levis, walked with their hands in their pocket and no extraneous or soft movements. They were all nice guys, but tough as nails.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I knew at least 8 guys like Wayne in my graduating class alone. Cowboys who wore the button-ups, Levis, walked with their hands in their pocket and no extraneous or soft movements. They were all nice guys, but tough as nails.

I've always pictured Mr. Janny as tough as nails. Just look at his avatar! ;)

• Funny

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I had no Catys. Wish there were, but unfortunately no.

I like the long sleeved button ups. I wear oxfords to church because of it (wife would not be happy if I went western so it’s a compromise

• Winner

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I had no Catys. Wish there were, but unfortunately no.

I like the long sleeved button ups. I wear oxfords to church because of it (wife would not be happy if I went western so it’s a compromise

The long sleeved button ups are a good look! It's the very specific ones, like we had a rash of Native American-print ones guys would wear for a while, that are specifically country. The one difference between Wayne and our guys was that most of them didn't smoke, they chewed.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Also - please tell me that I'm not the only one who heard the name as "Sleater Kinney" when they were first told about it?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The long sleeved button ups are a good look! It's the very specific ones, like we had a rash of Native American-print ones guys would wear for a while, that are specifically country. The one difference between Wayne and our guys was that most of them didn't smoke, they chewed.
They have the hockey players chew so it’s probably a difference for them.

• Agree

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
HARD YES! There are so many hilarious scenes from this show!

- Squirrely Dan's Relationship.
- "Hockey Players."
- Dad Noises.
- The Produce Stand.
- Baby Wayne.
- Uncle Eddie's Trust.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
That’s a real kick in the knackers bro.

giphy.gif

— “It’s a hard life pickin stones and pullin tits. But as sure as Gods got sandals, it beats fightin dudes with treasure trails.”

• Funny

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Also, in a show that features a number of very good looking gals, Mrs. McMurray and her gin and tonics are just fine by me.

Ferda, for real.

"I haven't seen this sort of ****in' bedlam since we fired Roman candles at coyotes that night and caught one right in the butthole. ****, ran out the back porch and dropped seven shades of **** in dad's workboots"

Last edited:
  • Funny

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Been doing some intermittent Letterkenny binging the last couple of days. A little uneven at times (the drugs dudes are boring) but some of the scenes are pure gold especially the sit downs with Wayne, Squirrely Dan and Darry.

Probably going to be talking Letterkenny slang soon.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Been doing some intermittent Letterkenny binging the last couple of days. A little uneven at times (the drugs dudes are boring) but some of the scenes are pure gold especially the sit downs with Wayne, Squirrely Dan and Darry.

Probably going to be talking Letterkenny slang soon.

To see how much letterkenny you’ve watched, do you give gingers a little more space than before?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron