*****LEATH VEISHEA PRESSER LIVE STREAM*****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
If anyone has any other links please post. Damn work is blocking all of them so far. Has it started yet?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Great to hear student is alive, stable, and conscious.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
2014 VEISHEA Cancelled - including parade, concert, etc. All activities are cancelled.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Way he's talking, it's gone overall. Just not going to announce it right away. So wait til students are gone.

(just surmising)

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
Very well thought out press conference. President Leath and all those who were involved absolutely made the right decision for the right reasons. Anyone who says otherwise needs to get their priorities straight in my opinion.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Horrible decision. Even worse if its permanently over.

Crack down on the trouble makers. Don't screw over the vendors, alumni, and responsible students.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I know I'm in the minority, but I don't see why they can't have the parade. Most of the students don't care about the parade compared to the number of alum that do. I have been looking forward for weeks to taking my son (who is too young to understand why he can't go to the parade) on Saturday. Not to mention all the students who spent hours and thousands of dollars on the parade.

I have no problem with suspending all nightly activities, concerts, and anything that is at any risk of safety issues. Just don't see why we can't keep the parade. Very upset as an alum.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Very well thought out press conference. President Leath and all those who were involved absolutely made the right decision for the right reasons. Anyone who says otherwise needs to get their priorities straight in my opinion.

Police chief is doing a nice job. Keeping the focus on the few and not the whole population

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Students, and I know it's just a minority of students, picked a bad year to pull this kind of crap. You've got a fairly fresh perspective sitting in the president's office and I don't think it's any surprise that he looked at the history and wondered why it hadn't already been killed. It's too bad that a lot of things that were more than an excuse to get wasted will get killed as collateral damage here, but its hard to say that it's not the right call at this point.