Lazard signed by the Packers

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
J'Mon Moore has been a huge disappointment.

For AL to stick next year he would have to unseed Moore and either Geronimo Allison currently on IR or Jake Kumerow. As a Packer fan I'd like to see Kumerow and Lazard.

The other two rookies (St. Brown and Valdes-Scantling fit better as replacements for Cobb and backup to Adams.

Most of the Mock drafts have them using the first round picks at two of four places: Safety, OL, Edge and WR. Hoping this is an attempt to allow their 2 ones and 1 two to help the other three spots.

They also got a 4th for Montgomery. I'd expect the 3 and 2-4s to go ILB, RB & another lineman or WR.

CBS had our Montgomery going to them 32nd. I'm expecting more of an ultra fast third down option like KC and the Bears have acquired if they add a back.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
As a Vikes fan I don't like this but as far as an opportunity this is perfect for Lazard. Should get a crack at playing time the last couple games and if he happens to develop chemistry with a QB like Rodgers that's a career changer. Watch a Cyclone break through in the NFL only to repeatedly destroy my favorite team :)

Reactions: khardbored

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Too bad there are only two games left for Green Bay. Doesn't make sense for them to bring him on board if they aren't going to try him out so guessing he'll maybe see the field?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Valdez Scantling has been struggling with drops and bad routes the last month to six weeks. Taller receiver he could replace if he hangs onto the ball.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
Too bad there are only two games left for Green Bay. Doesn't make sense for them to bring him on board if they aren't going to try him out so guessing he'll maybe see the field?

Aaron Jones was put on IR, my guess is they wanted to see him and see if he could possibly make the team next year. Significant pay raise to be on the 53 vs practice squad

Reactions: khardbored

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I'd like to see him put on 20 pounds and play tight end. Could be a great receiving weapon there. Has average speed for an NFL receiver but very happy to see him land with the Packers. Go Pack Go!!!
Agreed, and with Jimmy Graham being a disappointment thus far he could find a niche as as a combo tight end/receiver.

On an unrelated note if the Packers resign Clay Matthews I will lose it. Hasn’t been living up to his cap number for years and they have a chance to get him off the books finally.

jschealler

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2018
Aaron Jones was put on IR, my guess is they wanted to see him and see if he could possibly make the team next year. Significant pay raise to be on the 53 vs practice squad

I believe they also moved a TE off the active roster to the practice squad as well. They may be using him as depth for both positions which would only make him more valuable.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The nice thing is that regardless of what happens, he'll be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. So really, he's auditioning for all 32 teams these last two weeks.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I don't find a weekly pay rate for NFL minimum 53 squad but the annual rookie rate divided by 17 weeks ($28,235) is almost 4 times the $7600 weekly practice squad members receive. He also would get a 3 week minimum even though there are only two weeks left in the season. Eighty-five grand is a nice little Christmas present.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
As a Vikes fan I don't like this but as far as an opportunity this is perfect for Lazard. Should get a crack at playing time the last couple games and if he happens to develop chemistry with a QB like Rodgers that's a career changer. Watch a Cyclone break through in the NFL only to repeatedly destroy my favorite team :)

Same here. I always thought he would be a perfect possession receiver for the Vikings. Certainly better than Treadwell

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I’d be really surprised if Rodgers plays the last 2 games. There is no reason to risk him getting injured any further.

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Agreed, and with Jimmy Graham being a disappointment thus far he could find a niche as as a combo tight end/receiver.

On an unrelated note if the Packers resign Clay Matthews I will lose it. Hasn’t been living up to his cap number for years and they have a chance to get him off the books finally.

Depends on price for clay.... if better options, I have no problem letting him go. Pass rush is an issue. Clay may not be the answer but they need bodies. Definitely would need to be a 1 yr prove it type of contract.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
This is a much better shot for Lazard than he had in Jacksonville. I really hope Rodgers plays the last two weeks and Alan gets lots of opportunities to make plays.

Reactions: cymonw1980