Laugh with Norm McDonald...

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
This is so raw and great. Don't expect a celebrity tribute to have this much feeling to it.
Ran into another Norm clip that I'd not seen yet (I don't think anyway). Thought I'd also link the Bob Saget clip after Norm died. Lost both of these great comedians now. Sad.

Never get too much Norm. Enjoy.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Ran into another Norm clip that I'd not seen yet (I don't think anyway). Thought I'd also link the Bob Saget clip after Norm died. Lost both of these great comedians now. Sad.

Never get too much Norm. Enjoy.

I think there is something to dying of a broken heart. I think of anyone who Norm outside of his family, Bob took his passing the hardest.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Before I close out my Norm clips on my tabs, here's a good one. Kind of a Hitler compilation over the years. I probably have this one here but it's so good here it is again.

Reactions: Farnsworth

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
My son got Norm Macdonald to do a personal video for my daughter's fiance's bachelor party a few years ago. He added it to a playlist of some of Norm's best. Blew the mind of my son-in-law when he hears Norm talking about him!

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Last edited:

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Listening to it right now. Some good stuff. Sad that title is Nothing Special. Norm was as Special as they come.
I caught the first part of it the other night. I was struck by how his appearance had changed somewhat. He was looking much thinner, but his humor was still spot on.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I watched a couple of nights ago when it dropped - it was super-endearing. I agreed with so much of what the comedians at the end said - Norm had a mind like nobody else, and a style that had you so invested.

One of the only things I didn't love about the end review was Letterman (who I usually enjoy) mentioning over and over that it would have been better in front of a crowd. Sure, maybe - but this was far more poignant. This was a man near the end, getting something off his chest the night before surgery "just in case." And just KILLING the delivery in one take - a take that was adorably filled with a barking dog, a ringing phone, and him not quite getting the hang of filming himself. It was sweet and sad and poignant.

• Agree

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I watched a couple of nights ago when it dropped - it was super-endearing. I agreed with so much of what the comedians at the end said - Norm had a mind like nobody else, and a style that had you so invested.

One of the only things I didn't love about the end review was Letterman (who I usually enjoy) mentioning over and over that it would have been better in front of a crowd. Sure, maybe - but this was far more poignant. This was a man near the end, getting something off his chest the night before surgery "just in case." And just KILLING the delivery in one take - a take that was adorably filled with a barking dog, a ringing phone, and him not quite getting the hang of filming himself. It was sweet and sad and poignant.
Just finally watched, and I agree.

I was bit apprehensive about the circumstances with me going in sad that he was gone, with no audience and hoping it was as great as his memory deserved, but he nailed it despite all that.

That would be a hard spot to be in for them, watching the last performance of a friend and then providing commentary, so I’ll let that go. I kind of wish they had just let the comedy set stand on its own and do a tribute/commentary later.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron