KXNO/iHeart Layoffs

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
If i was KBGG I would scoop up all of the former KXNO talent and make themselves the face of local sports radio. I like Steen's show but all the other shows are national as well. I would think it would be a great station if they went all local.

Reactions: isutrevman

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Sad day for every sports fan in central Iowa. Regardless of what you thought of individual personalities, the market is better with its own local content created by people who care about our schools, athletes and region. I'm sad for them all. I'm lucky to call Sean a close friend and he'll land on his feet. I'm especially heartbroken for Ross, who became a mentor to me. Words can't describe how I feel for CW. He is more like my big brother than my boss, but that also makes me know full well he's going to bounce back stronger than ever on this very website. The corporate media establishment just woke up a sleeping giant.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Alright, going to throw this out there but we need a non-FCC regulated Sports Fanatics at least once a week. I'll restart my Patreon if you can stand keeping me around.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Damn. This **** sucks.

I don’t like to read articles really about local sports teams so all my info I get regarding ISU and even Iowa was from the local shows. Having guests from both sides was very entertaining.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Did iheart pull the plug on Kenny pouring out his emotions or is he still on AM?

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
My experience dealing with iHeart has been awful. Can’t imagine a company with worse professionalism for their non public people. Really devastating to Des Moines from a radio standpoint.