KXNO/iHeart Layoffs

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Wow, guessing Murphy & Andy call it quits or move to another station with AD. AD is a big part of that show.

Especially since that is kinda a second job for them. Can't imagine they would be able to cover everyone else's job as most of these idiots in charge seem to believe. But hey, we have stock to buyback.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Well I can save you all time with national radio.

-Lebron
-Cowboys
-Will Brady return?
-Who is the best athlete of all time debate?
-Lebron
-More Lebron
-Which mega star will the Yankees buy and underperform with?
-Duke basketball is amazing
-Alabama football
-Yet more Lebron

YOU KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT NATIONAL SPORT RADIO. :)

• Funny
Reactions: mj4cy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
National shows are the worst. You get 5 minutes of content at a time followed by 10 minutes of commercials. ESPN radio on Sirius is a ******* joke.

No offense to those who work in the field, but radio is kind of an obsolete technology. Podcasts have functionally replaced it in the media ecosystem.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Well I can save you all time with national radio.

-Lebron
-Cowboys
-Will Brady return?
-Who is the best athlete of all time debate?
-Lebron
-More Lebron
-Which mega star will the Yankees buy and underperform with?
-Duke basketball is amazing
-Alabama football
-Yet more Lebron

Not going to too political here but they will experience the same as I have done with national TV. Click... gone.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
So are they going to release a new lineup or is the whole station changing format.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
For those confused by my statement, I apologize. I was let go today too.
I dont want this to come off poorly but maybe was it a blessing in disguise with how busy you are?
Well anyway hope you get to enjoy some more baby time now.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cycsk

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I say this knowing he's a Hawk and even with the infamous WRNL article about him, but Ross is far and away the best employee they had.
Same, Ross is an all round good dude. LOL I was listening live to when the rant went down and it's still one of my favorite KXNO moments. Any reading the piece of hate mail he received is still number one for me though.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
For those confused by my statement, I apologize. I was let go today too.

Not sure how much you are allowed to comment but did they give any reasons behind these moves? Obviously looks like they are going to national shows in your time slots, damn that sucks.

Really enjoyed you and Ross over the years, by far the best local show there has been in the market over the years. Too bad they couldn't let you all do a sendoff show and all the listeners could show up to El Bait Shop or somewhere for 1 last toast!

Speaking of which has anyone spotted Heather at a local watering hole yet? Dang she has had some rough go arounds in this market over the years...

• Agree
Reactions: tzjung

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny