KU vs KSU Brawl

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Well, yeah, but then there's the whole Adidas thing.........
Screen-Shot-2019-09-27-at-6.33.19-PM-832x447.png

This was what he wore to their midnight madness thing, whatever they call it. So classy! I think Snoop Dogg was there, too. What a fine representation for the program.
It's not so much that Snoop was there. It's more so that he was there with stripper poles and a money gun.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You sure as hell don't. Besides slurping everything KU, KU can do no wrong in your eyes.
Again, I have stated repeatedly that Kansas clearly did wrong here. DeSousa crossed my line when he picked up that stool.

I wish he wouldnt have thrown punches but when the entire opposing bench rushed you and starts to push and shove you into the seats, I get it. He would have received a deserved 3 game or so suspension and went on with the season.

But as soon as he picked up that stool he lost me. He deserves whatever lengthy punishment he gets and if he was kicked off the team I would have zero problem with it.

• Dumb
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
For some perspective on a Commissioner's response to an incident that was worse than this, go back to 1972 and review what the Big 10 did in response to the University of Minnesota and it's coach and players after their home game with Ohio State that year. Bill Musselman was the coach and one of the players was Dave Winfield.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Again, I have stated repeatedly that Kansas clearly did wrong here. DeSousa crossed my line when he picked up that stool.

I wish he wouldnt have thrown punches but when the entire opposing bench rushed you and starts to push and shove you into the seats, I get it. He would have received a deserved 3 game or so suspension and went on with the season.

But as soon as he picked up that stool he lost me. He deserves whatever lengthy punishment he gets and if he was kicked off the team I would have zero problem with it.

But McCormick didn't stomp on a player.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Someone made an interesting point on Twitter last night of the perception between basketball fights and, say, baseball or hockey. I get this one is different because it spilled into the stands and involved someone going full on old western saloon fight. But if two baseball or hockey players throw haymakers at each other it's part of the game. Two basketball guys do it and it's a national travesty.
To be honest, most baseball fights are pretty lame too.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER

Jesus man, aren't you just exhausted from defending your school? I grew up 20 minutes outside Lawrence surrounded by KU people, and I'm tired for my friends and family who have had to spend the last two years just constantly trying to explain how they are the victim.

KU is not the victim, they are never the victim, and it would be better for everyone if they just accepted their heel status instead of trying to prove to everyone that they are just getting picked on all the time. Both teams are at fault here, both teams have high level of assholery in this situation, but only one school here has constantly been in the news for the wrong things.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Garrett and McCormack got involved only because their teammate was being pushed and shoved by multiple members of the KSU team who had left the bench to do so. There is a zero percent chance that they leave the bench and run the length of the court without that happening.

McCormack initially did what you are saying but then he ran around the basketball hoop and through a crowd of people to kick/stomp the plain clothes K State kid, he reacted to Garrett chasing after that kid. The fight was broken up by the time they got involved, they only escalated it. Garrett shouldn't be punished as much as McCormack but he was out of line.These weren't knee jerk reactions to their teammate being attacked, maybe intially but then they got involved. They only reason either of them stopped was bc the plain clothes kid got dragged out of the melee. Plenty of players got involved without assaulting anyone, these two actively participated in and escalated the fight.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So no issue with Elijah Johnson dunking at the end of the game in Hilton seven years ago?

Pretty sure THT or someone did it last year to someone.

It's frowned upon but within the rules.

Taunting is not, nor is clearing the bench, nor is grabbing a chair to swing at someone, nor is running up and stomping on people on the ground.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron