Klieman & KState are going to be a problem, aren't they?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This program just feels eerily similar to Snyder's years. Tempo, smart football.
Forced 4 turnovers, while having zero today.

He was the perfect hire for that school to retain that methodical system. I hope he gets poached, soon.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yes.... they will always be a problem as long as Kliemann is there. It was a great hire. They don't hardly look any different than they did when Snyder was there.

They play REALLY hard and smart..... the opposite of OU.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
I don't want to take anything away from Coach Klieman, but I think OU stunk up the place in the second half, poor or missed tackles and/or defensive assignments that got blown.

KSU had a hell of a comeback, and they did it with 7 players not able to suit up, but it doesn't happen without the Sooners help...

Let's hope that same OU D shows up next Saturday!!

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm and CyBobby

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I don't want to take anything away from Coach Klieman, but I think OU stunk up the place in the second half, poor or missed tackles and/or defensive assignments that got blown.

KSU had a hell of a comeback, and they did it with 7 players not able to suit up, but it doesn't happen without the Sooners help...

Did they ever.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

This is the same thing OU has been doing for what, over a decade now? Occasionally they tighten up on D but otherwise it's a wet napkin and it honestly sucks that they're the face of the conference as they own the 'defense optional' narrative.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Yeah, I'm most aggravated by the fact that they seemed to have nailed the "fit" aspect. For everyone who was hoping for a return to Ron Prince, and that the Vampire was all KSU had going for them, that ship has sailed. They have a legit coach who looks like another Vampire/Ferentz type. They will rarely beat themselves and will absolutely feast on every opponent misstep.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I mean, he'd seriously be a great in the SEC at Arky or SC.
Arkansas may be a good fit actually. I wasn't sure Kleiman was legit at NDSU after taking over what Bohl built but he is very good. His teams are sound, play hard and don't beat themselves.