Klieman & KState are going to be a problem, aren't they?

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Arkansas may be a good fit actually. I wasn't sure Kleiman was legit at NDSU after taking over what Bohl built but he is very good. His teams are sound, play hard and don't beat themselves.

Kleiman is more than legit, he was/is better than Bohl. His teams will get better talent. He will form his own identity.

Reactions: CyBobby and surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I don't know what one game tells us? This K-State team was so decimated the last outing. My hope was it wasn't reflective of how they'd play this year.

I told you, boys, last week you're never as good as you look winning nor as bad when losing. And the Clones popped TCU in the mouth.

Covid is certainly making this season interesting.

And finally, I don't know what to think just yet other than Klieman is a hell of a fine coach. I hope he doesn't finish up in Iowa City.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I don't know what one game tells us? This K-State team was so decimated the last outing. My hope was it wasn't reflective of how they'd play this year.

I told you, boys, last week you're never as good as you look winning nor as bad when losing. And the Clones popped TCU in the mouth.

And finally, I don't know what to think just yet other than Klieman is a hell of a fine coach. I hope he doesn't finish up in Iowa City.

Is that a goal of his?

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Klieman is an Iowa boy through and through. He led Waterloo Columbus to a runner up finish at state as a senior playing QB and defensive back. He played college ball (defensive back) at UNI because no one better offered him a scholarship.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm and CyBobby

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Playing Kansas State is just infuriating.
ISU and Max Urich could have prevented this many years ago, by HIRING BILL SNYDER, who wanted to be the head football coach at Iowa State. Instead Urich hired Jimmie Dean Walden...and that led to a Zero Win/ 10 LOSS and One Tie Season.....KSU will be our nemesis for many decades to come.....

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE

Thanks for peeing in my cheerios this morning...it certainly would figure (and would make it sweeter if he went to OSU).

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Playing KState in football feels a lot like playing UNI in basketball. They are extremely well coached and their style of play is so frustrating for the opponent. They may not be incredibly talented, but they're blue collar, extremely well disciplined, and they absolutely will not beat themselves. I have much respect for both coaches.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I disagree with the sentiment that Klieman is going to spring for greener pastures. If he's really good enough, he will be at KSU for the long haul and continue to build on Snyder's legacy. We could be looking at the next 30 year tenure in cfb. But let's hold off on crowning him until he has a couple really solid seasons under his belt. I will say it's impressive what he has done so far. I thought KSU would go belly up at least for a couple seasons once Snyder retired, but everyone in this thread is spot on in that the naked eye sees negligible to no difference between the Snyder kitties and the Klieman Kats thus far. They play tough, physical, bully-ball. And they win in the margins more often than not.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
After the loss to Arkansas State, Klieman was pretty outspoken that he wasn't going to take shortcuts to victory. That he was building a program for long-term success. I have to take him at his word.

And there's a very close tie between CK and A.D. Gene Taylor. It's personal. So, the key may not be Klieman but Taylor's future.

Taylor is very highly regarded for his work at NDSU, Iowa, and now K-State. So, like John Currie before him, you can assume other schools will be talking to him at some point.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
ISU and Max Urich could have prevented this many years ago, by HIRING BILL SNYDER, who wanted to be the head football coach at Iowa State. Instead Urich hired Jimmie Dean Walden...and that led to a Zero Win/ 10 LOSS and One Tie Season.....KSU will be our nemesis for many decades to come.....

In a way, I never get tired of this post, because you have a good point.
In another way, I hate it every time, because you have a good point.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Ku fans say exactly the same thing. Instead of hiring Bill Snyder, who badly wanted the Ku job, they took Glen Mason instead. In my view, Ku football went in the trash after letting Mason getaway to Minnesota.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel

Sources: Kansas State coach Chris Klieman has reached an agreement for a new contract. Klieman's 6-year deal goes to 2026 and will average close to $4 million annually, sources tell
@yahoosports. His previous deal was through 2024 and averaged $2.8 million.

• Wow
Reactions: Cycho1

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Brings Klieman up to CMC's salary, both at half of what Herman and Lincoln make. :rolleyes:

Les Miles is now the lowest-paid B12 coach at $2.8 million.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I really wonder about Les. If he's coaching in Lawrence next season, I'll be dumbfounded. He's absolutely on the edge of reality. If you can watch all of this, you're better than me. Heartfelt!

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel

Sources: Kansas State coach Chris Klieman has reached an agreement for a new contract. Klieman's 6-year deal goes to 2026 and will average close to $4 million annually, sources tell
@yahoosports. His previous deal was through 2024 and averaged $2.8 million.

College football extensions are the norm. The amount Klieman got isn't the key, the amount of his buyout is a bit more important. Even then, if one of the big money schools wants him bad enough- they will pay most buyouts.

Reactions: surly

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron