Key note on the Mick McCall hire

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Just adding a little perspective here for our forum users...

Matt really wanted to bring in an older, experienced mind to the offensive room to help mentor all of the young coaches on that side of the ball. That's what this hire is about. McCall is a guy Campbell credits much his success to and thinks he can help be that to many of the guys on that side of the staff room. He won't be the OC but he's a guy that Manning will have at his disposal to bounce things off of 24/7.

Goes pretty deep here. I love the hire.

Works for Freddie Hoiberg. He has at least one or two older head coaches on his staff at all times.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Just adding a little perspective here for our forum users...

Matt really wanted to bring in an older, experienced mind to the offensive room to help mentor all of the young coaches on that side of the ball. That's what this hire is about. McCall is a guy Campbell credits much his success to and thinks he can help be that to many of the guys on that side of the staff room. He won't be the OC but he's a guy that Manning will have at his disposal to bounce things off of 24/7.

Goes pretty deep here. I love the hire.

Chris, Your article reference reshuffling staff roles, yet didn't point out other changes. Were there other changes, or is this just an addition?

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
CMC obviously knows his needs and I trust his judgement. Only thing I wonder, after many years at NW with success why was he canned?

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
CMC obviously knows his needs and I trust his judgement. Only thing I wonder, after many years at NW with success why was he canned?

When you go from West division champs to 3-9, overhaul is gonna happen somewhere. Similar to Rudy Wade being let go, I'm sure he wasn't dumped with malice. Just trying a change in direction; nothing personal.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006

I wondered the same thing. Bajakian, the new NW OC, is not some young, up and comer.