Kansas State

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I'm optimistic that ISU will win, but this is KSU. It will be a maze of torment for 3+ hours and rarely does Iowa State happen to do things the easy way. :(

This is exactly what Campbell was brought here to do. Meaningful games in November. Rhoads had at least 1 "Big 12 north title goes through Ames" in November type of game, but that was essentially a mirage. ISU can beat anyone in this conference, but with what we've seen the last few years, the margin for error will typically be thin in many games. CMC has established himself as an 8-4 type coach right now. I couldn't be happier about that. And if you can consistently go 8-4 you'll be due for a few breaks that can flip up to 10-2.

ISU may also lose the next 2 and finish 6-4 and that would feel a lot like last year. These are good times right now. Enjoy the journey. Savor the wins. Relish the fight. Onward to Dallas!

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think with two weeks to prepare for KSU, the defense will be ready. The current KSU QB Howard is no where near as good as Thompson at passing. Expect someone to be spying on him as he has done a lot of damage on the ground. He was very shaky against WVU.

Scoring on KSU is going to be a challenge. They are very physical up front, as usual. They are a lot like the Hawks, solid, and rarely make a mistake. Great special teams too, which is probably the most concerning thing to me.

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
I think the advantage is when one team has a bye and the other team doesn’t, seems like many times our opponent has a bye too. I could be misremembering though.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
We definitely cannot start the game like we did last night against Baylor if we are going to win. I would guess with the week off and our history against KSU this team will be focused and ready for the challenge. The 3rd quarter last night was a prime example what this team is capable of if they are firing on all cylinders, just need to bottle that up and find a way to make that play out over 4 quarters.

Reactions: CyBobby and aauummm

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
KSU is almost totally one dimensional. That doesn't seem like a good thing to be against our defense. If we stop their ground attack, they're in trouble.

Put a different name on the jersey and everyone is really confident about that game, ISU fans just have some trauma we’re still working through.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
After the last two weeks, I have no idea of what to make of KSU. But I am certain that this is our toughest "pod". KSU will be a grinder, and Texas and WVU are both peaking right now. Really unfortunate for us and WVU that the refs screwed them out of that game...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron