Kansas @ Kansas State

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So if we lose that game then KSU needs to lose 3 more times in order for us to finish ahead of them.

Then add in we will most likely have 2 more loses (at least) this season, so then KSU has to lose 4 games.

So what?

If kansas won tonight and we lost to KSU in a week, we'd likely have to win out just to tie KU, and even then may not catch them if they finished at 15-3.

• Winner
Reactions: FinalFourCy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I understand that. But everyone is banking on us beating KSU in Manhattan. I don't think that happens.
Not at all. They’re banking on remaining SOS for KU and KSU. KSU winning keeps our chances of winning the conference alive even if losing to KSU, by virtue of most likely ensuring everyone has at least 4 losses.

If you’re so confident we lose at KSU, and clearly thought KU winning tonight bettered our chances, you are also recognizing that KSU will likely lose other games (otherwise it’s moot) but are ignoring that KU may not.

Last edited:

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
So if we lose that game then KSU needs to lose 3 more times in order for us to finish ahead of them.

Then add in we will most likely have 2 more loses (at least) this season, so then KSU has to lose 4 games.
We still win a share of the title even if we lose at KSU and tie with them at the end. Hopefully we win outright, but if KU won tonight what losses do you see left for them?

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Seems like KU has an easier schedule the rest of the way than KSU. We just need to keep the pressure on.

KSUcat

Sep 27, 2009
I'm banking on KSU losing somewhere,hopefully multiple somewheres between the multiple good chances they have to lose, one of which is us in manhattan, but they have @KU, @Baylor, and @UT as well.

I feel a lot more confident in that than Kansas losing anywhere other than Lubbock (and even then, after what KU did to Tech on saturday im not sure they'll lose) the rest of the season.

I hate to say it, but you're right. We will probably lose at least one more game that we aren't supposed to the rest of the way. Our offense is almost too inconsistent not too.

I'll enjoy this win tonight though. Our next two games will probably decide the race.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz

You are aware that they have played one less conference game than us right? You keep saying they are up one game and they aren't.

KSU winning tonight was the best thing that could happen for us.

I look forward to the day when some of our fans starting acting like fans of a basketball school and celebrate being in control of our own outcomes.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

If you’re trying to find a way for us to win the conference with “at least” 5 losses and you weren’t cheering for KSU, you’re lost. Think it’s hard coming up with 3 more losses for KSU? Try finding even 2 more for KU.

Of course, we could still win at KSU too, and that equalizer isn’t available with KU winning. It’s pretty ******* simple either way.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Texas takes out Baylor tomorrow night, Wildcats go down in Waco Saturday, we take care of business and a week from now we are tied for first with the biggest game of the season looming.
Yep, I'm rooting for Texas tomorrow, Baylor Saturday, and tcu monday

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Kansas State will definitely lose a game or two they aren't supposed to. Or, simply lose in Lawrence, home vs Iowa State or Baylor. They've lost to some bad teams this year. I think that, while they're really good, they are not immune to a poor performance by any stretch of the imagination.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
It's way too early to start talking about control of our destiny. This is only a game past half way. We lost 3 games in the first half and will lose at least one in the second half.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
We still win a share of the title even if we lose at KSU and tie with them at the end. Hopefully we win outright, but if KU won tonight what losses do you see left for them?

Kansas could definitely lose in Lubbock and I could see them losing in Norman also. Oklahoma isnt out of this thing as far as an NCAA bid goes, so they will be fighting for their lives every game.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Kansas could definitely lose in Lubbock and I could see them losing in Norman also. Oklahoma isnt out of this thing as far as an NCAA bid goes, so they will be fighting for their lives every game.
Possibly, but KU owns the Sooners. Tech couldn’t hang with KU in AFH so even that one would worry me.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Am I the only one that hates K-State almost as much as KU? Either one of those teams winning the conference would be the biggest disappointment

• Agree
Reactions: chuckd4735

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Here is the way I see it...win at Kansas State next weekend we are absolutely in the drivers seat to win the conference outright. I'll take that all day every day. Lose and we've got to scramble a bit but still like our chances at minimum to get a share.

• Agree
Reactions: cstrunk