Kansas City roll call

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Thx Stu! In your opinion is all day Friday worth it? I was considering Friday evening and all day Saturday OR al day Friday and Saturday evening. I need to balance time away from 4 kids and mom.
Possibly could get away with all day Friday and Saturday but I dont want to plan on it and still plan for the best return on investment.

TIA!
Friday all day and Saturday night. Saturday morning is usually pretty sloppy as the guys have already AAd by that point

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Friday all day and Saturday night. Saturday morning is usually pretty sloppy as the guys have already AAd by that point

You should, honestly. Not very often that option presents itself.
Additionally, when was the last time you witnessed an Iowa state athlete win a national title in person? I never have and I’m older than you….. ;)

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Kyven Gadson in St. Louis. One of my all time favorite cyclone wrestling memories when he launched Snyder
I was there too. We were getting tickets from NWCA, I think & had lower bowl seats. Random wrestling fans from a variety of schools around. By the time finals got around, you get to know a few. When Kyven pinned him, I went nuts & everyone around me was laughing & high fiving me! Pretty memorable

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I was there too. We were getting tickets from NWCA, I think & had lower bowl seats. Random wrestling fans from a variety of schools around. By the time finals got around, you get to know a few. When Kyven pinned him, I went nuts & everyone around me was laughing & high fiving me! Pretty memorable
Had some classes with Kyven. We also went nuts when he stuck Snyder.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Additionally, when was the last time you witnessed an Iowa state athlete win a national title in person? I never have and I’m older than you….. ;)
I’m sorry Stu. My IT skills are on full demonstration.

That quoted response was intended for @GMackey32 and how he should stop in KC Saturday night to experience the finals in person.

Go State!

Reactions: stuclone

LeadersWifeLife

Oct 31, 2020
Treynor
Wow this brings up a discussion thread all of its own...... memorable ISU National Champion moments. I have to say being in College Park, MD. in 1987 ranks right up there as pretty amazing! I was 12 and I'll never forget it. Even better than Cael's 4th

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
I personally think that Saturday morning is one of my favorite sessions. It is always one of the "tougher" ones as many years it's been the morning with the worst hangover ;). AA vs AA in every match is tough to beat. I wouldn't call it sloppy. I think wrestlers just let it fly a little more as the pressure to be in the championships is gone.

Reactions: stuclone

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
I walked to the game and staggered home last night. Love having these tournaments in KC. Get the wrestling tournament to KC also.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron