Justin Smith

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
does Bain have sources and insider info?
Rarely do i see him break ISU news that hasn't already been discussed on the boards or twitter

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Anyone catch Bain's mail bag today? I ran out if free previews and I ain't paying for the day lol.

try opening in incognito window.

sometimes works for me after i've used up my free articles

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
Pshaw! The cave tailgates were where it was at! Nothing like some mastodon over the fire before the big game.
Nothing better I'm sure than eating mastodon and watching the Cyclones take on rookie head coach Bill Snyder of Kansas State.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Hoks games were on TV years prior but CTN didn't hardly exist until Johnny arrived.

Tom Buch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
I want to forget about the late Larry, Morgan, and McD years.
For the youngsters on the board, here is a bit of perspective. Iowa State has played 113 years.
Before Orr, 73 years with 13 coaches. Since Orr started, 40 years with 6 coaches.
Saying the modern era started with Fred would be like saying the modern era of baseball started with Trout.

Reactions: Acylum and aobie

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
For the youngsters on the board, here is a bit of perspective. Iowa State has played 113 years.
Before Orr, 73 years with 13 coaches. Since Orr started, 40 years with 6 coaches.
Saying the modern era started with Fred would be like saying the modern era of baseball started with Trout.
Well this is all arbitrary, but there are a lot of people that would tell you we are in a post steroid era in baseball which isn't all that much longer than when Fred started coaching at ISU. So I guess its how you want to define "modern" in basketball.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

College basketball (and basketball generally) has changed a lot more in the past few decades than baseball has. When has baseball had something so game-changing as the three-point line added to it...? There have been some things, like lowering the mound after the 1968 season, but has there been anything else?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
College basketball (and basketball generally) has changed a lot more in the past few decades than baseball has. When has baseball had something so game-changing as the three-point line added to it...? There have been some things, like lowering the mound after the 1968 season, but has there been anything else?
Designated hitter, 1973.