JTS Improvements - Want More

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I'm looking forward to its completion because right now, it looks......hodgepodge. Even the sports performance center or whatever we're calling it looks like a big fancy trailer. The south endzone looks fantastic, so trusting this will follow suit. The in-stadium aesthetics should be much improved. Just nitpicking.

Reactions: Aclone

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
The forms are being removed from the latest sections of the NW retaining wall. Also, more supports are being set for the NW area of the walkway.

Looks like since they are done with the footings and are finishing the precast columns, the dirt is going to have to be moved in from the top of the hill. To do that, they'll need to cover up the tunnel and make a path up the hill. Also, I'd expect them to complete the tunnel by adding sections as soon as the forms are off that retaining wall.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Do we know why the west end of the tunnel has been exposed? It looks like they've been working on it, but I have no idea what they'd be doing.

TKlone3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2011
Council Bluffs
Do we know why the west end of the tunnel has been exposed? It looks like they've been working on it, but I have no idea what they'd be doing.
Have been wondering the same. Only thing I can think of is that is likely where the outer walkway is going to wrap around down to the north entrance. Maybe it has something to do with that. They are also doing some digging between the tunnel and the SPC which has raised my interest as well.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I know it's been discussed that the grass will be replaced next year (2022).
Here's definitive proof that it will remain real grass.

Thoms is a rock star in the field IMO.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Have been wondering the same. Only thing I can think of is that is likely where the outer walkway is going to wrap around down to the north entrance. Maybe it has something to do with that. They are also doing some digging between the tunnel and the SPC which has raised my interest as well.
The rendering on the SPC website shows a retaining wall between the NW entrance ramp and SPC, so I would imagine they're digging in preparation for that. It also might mean removing the angled walls for the tunnel entrance on that side.
1618929527655.png

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Matter be it’s just me, but the way that the morning sun is shining on the precast is striking. Especially is the midst of the mess of a construction zone. 70F4706B-2E6F-4661-85B7-55C8B8579176.jpeg

• Eggplant
Reactions: JM4CY

danwbarrett

Mar 29, 2006
University City, MO
The rendering on the SPC website shows a retaining wall between the NW entrance ramp and SPC, so I would imagine they're digging in preparation for that. It also might mean removing the angled walls for the tunnel entrance on that side.
View attachment 84371
I expect that the sidewalk will remain that curves around to the west entrance gate; that sidewalk would be on the right side of the ramp up to the concourse. If so, that would not be a full retaining wall, if that's what it is.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron