JTS Improvements - Want More

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Can someone that is better at computer technology than me (which is likely everyone), please show me where this tunnel is? Can you take a screenshot and draw on it where this tunnel is? I'm lost.

On the plus side, I do know how to play minesweeper, lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aclone

danwbarrett

Mar 29, 2006
University City, MO
With the additional dirt dumped and graded today we can finally see exactly how far the project has progressed on the NW hill. The surface is now visible beyond the corner of the balcony. The Jacobson Building end of the tunnel is also more visible where it will be extended to the retaining wall probably next week.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
With the additional dirt dumped and graded today we can finally see exactly how far the project has progressed on the NW hill. The surface is now visible beyond the corner of the balcony. The Jacobson Building end of the tunnel is also more visible where it will be extended to the retaining wall probably next week.

That's what I was wondering about. Once those hillsides are all filled in with dirt.... there's going to be a LOT more viewable spots of the field from the hillsides I assume.

I think it will also really add a LOT to the feeling of it being "bowled in" somewhat, and will make it louder than some would think.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
That's what I was wondering about. Once those hillsides are all filled in with dirt.... there's going to be a LOT more viewable spots of the field from the hillsides I assume.

I think it will also really add a LOT to the feeling of it being "bowled in" somewhat, and will make it louder than some would think.

Definitely a much better viewing angle for most of the hillsides. It used to be no one was sitting down near the fence because you couldn't see anything from there. Now they'll be able to spread out a little more because of the extra elevation against that retaining wall.

Man, they are going to need to bring in a LOT of dirt.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Man, they are going to need to bring in a LOT of dirt.
I could be wrong, but suddenly, looking at it right now...suddenly, most of that is done?

Anyone know the source for all of that dirt? A hill or bluff somewhere?

Back in Muscatine when I was younger, they used to take soil for landfill projects from one of the Mississippi River bluffs, along Houser Street. No idea if they still do that.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I said this the first time they put in the tunnel and I’ll say it again this time, they should have reworked it so the tunnel opened directly onto the field. I get there are some utilities that would have to be rerouted but it would have made the team’s entrances so much better versus running through HyVee advertisements.

danwbarrett

Mar 29, 2006
University City, MO
I said this the first time they put in the tunnel and I’ll say it again this time, they should have reworked it so the tunnel opened directly onto the field. I get there are some utilities that would have to be rerouted but it would have made the team’s entrances so much better versus running through HyVee advertisements.
With the retaining wall probably 6-feet above the fans on the hillside, the team will be hidden from the fans far better than before when they exit the tunnel.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
You think there wouldn't be a Hy Vee add above the tunnel exit if they did it this way?

But I agree with you. The tunnel would be better if it opened directly to the field.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclonsin

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
They just removed the dirt backfill over the footings for the rest of the curved wall. So, I assume that they will be setting the rest of the panels early next week if the footings are already there. They were trucking in dirt all morning and early afternoon.

The rest of the fill dirt will need to be trucked up the ramp outside the curved wall - just a bucket or two (sarcasm).