JTS Improvements - Want More

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
I was going to ask what they’re doing with the base of the scoreboard supports, but I think I figured it out.
Would love to see concrete supports surround the current structure for the NEZ video board. Not only would it look awesome, it would not hurt should another derecho show up.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I think the tunnel is in. You can see it below the excavator. My guess is they are building the mound to "bowl" in the hillside up to the Jake
It looks like they are hauling that dirt out today so they may be making room for concrete forms or something else but I've seen dumptrucks pulling in from the South, getting loaded full of dirt and leaving onto S 4th

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
They are pumping concrete into the raised wall around the scoreboard support. Looks like the Olson Building will be completely gone this week. It looks like Campbell is driving that big excavator, tearing things up.

Spring is coming, so the plaza project is back on track!

Reactions: Frak and Aclone

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
This would be ideal. Since Pollard is set on having some hillsides, I'd make the north side red seats as grass instead, since there'd have to be tunnels to locker rooms somewhere around there anyway.
Is there room for all that? But the added luxury seating in the expanded box would likely be great for revenue if there is a market. Interesting to see in 5+ years, though.

Cyclonscin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
The Jacobson Building has always looked out of place and will look even more out of place once these NEZ projects are finished. I hope its eventually removed and replaced with seating.

Am I the only one who has always liked the Jacobson Building? As a student there I thought it looked really cool, and I still like it a lot as a centerpiece of the NEZ.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Am I the only one who has always liked the Jacobson Building? As a student there I thought it looked really cool, and I still like it a lot as a centerpiece of the NEZ.
I didn’t hate it like some apparently but I can see the argument for it being out of place. I don’t think it will look awful. What is it even going to be used for now?

• Agree
Reactions: jcisuclones

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Looks to me by at least tomorrow the Olsen Bldg will be done for. Do wonder why they have seemed to leave that square piece with the red border around it up for now?

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle

I like the looks of it. I think if it were more massive people would have a lot less issues with it. As the rest of the stadium has grown up and expanded, it's kind of been the last remaining piece. I think a good architect would be able to tie into (either physically or thematically) and make for a pretty interesting structure.

Cyclonscin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Looks to me by at least tomorrow the Olsen Bldg will be done for. Do wonder why they have seemed to leave that square piece with the red border around it up for now?

If my memory serves that room would have been the mechanical room for the building and had a significantly lower floor than the rest of Olsen. That pit probably needs to be treated differently during the demo.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I didn’t hate it like some apparently but I can see the argument for it being out of place. I don’t think it will look awful. What is it even going to be used for now?

It's still office/workspace for staff and most sports.