JTS Improvements - Want More

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Not sure I'd want it to match. Not like Hilton and Stephens are that impressive from outside IMO. It will fit with the look of the SEZ from the outside and NEZ.

Plus it wont be far off of the Hilton after the concourse renovations occur (https://spark.adobe.com/page/PikhWkPcY2eK9/)

Agreed. I don't even think about it as needing to match Hilton and Stephens (as if Scheman and the Alumni Building match Hilton and Stephens). I think the new building fits well with the other football structures when viewing from inside the stadium.

Still not sure I like the way it fits (or blocks) the magnificent Bergstrom football roof when viewing from north of the stadium.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Is the SPC still scheduled to open up sometime in January?

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I can't seem to find the renderings/video of the stadium updates to the Olson building/north end zone, as I've forgotten what the hillsides will look like once construction is complete. Thought that was released with the SPC updates (https://static.cyclones.com/custompages/SportsPerformanceCenter/spc.html), but unable to locate the stadium renderings.

Go to "Renderings" at the top of the page and if you scroll far enough you will see a rendering from the field looking north. Have they started building those walls that will surround the north end zone yet? Haven't been able to get to Jack Trice this year.

• Informative
Reactions: Billups06

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Go to "Renderings" at the top of the page and if you scroll far enough you will see a rendering from the field looking north. Have they started building those walls that will surround the north end zone yet? Haven't been able to get to Jack Trice this year.

Thank you. Had to scroll horizontally. Completely missed that yesterday.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006

Attachments

• DAACD48A-54EB-4D2B-9728-2BEB6B3A810C.jpeg
    DAACD48A-54EB-4D2B-9728-2BEB6B3A810C.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: ChamplinCyclone22

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I have an odd feeling that they’re waiting until after the final home game to really dig in.

Honestly, there's not much work yet to be done on that hillside other than fill with dirt. And why would they even do that now? Priority is probably enclosing the new building so they can have workers in there when it gets cold. The back part of the hillside can wait until they raze the Olsen since the elevated walkway needs to go there.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle

Will the Olson Building get demo'd once this opens?? Original plan was for it to be open January 2021.. Probably delayed with COVID a couple months?

It'd be huge if this project was open and complete when on campus recruiting is permitted again

I imagine COVID delayed it several months and there is a chance as well that they've slowed the project down somewhat to help with billing/financial impacts with regards to the budget impacts.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron