JTS Improvements - Want More

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Pollard said on an instagram live feed that next week they should be releasing an update on their future facilities vision

giphy.gif

Reactions: JP4CY

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
If only they could do that and also bowl-in the North end zone just like the other end, JTS would be second to none.
I heard a rumor a while ago that CMC wants to go "UP" with the next expansion. To make the stands taller and JTS more intimidating.
So I see a few possibilities:
  1. Expand the Sky Box, while it is sufficient for our press needs, and because we have suites located in other areas it is not exactly needed. But Club sections are needed, I believe there is a waiting list for them right now. So they could move all suites here and turn existing suite locations to club sections, or add a new club section in the sky box like some places have, plus upgraded suites and Press facilities. This would make the entire west side taller and more intimidating.
  2. North End Zone, I think this is an obvious location. I see this happening at some point, and probably adding a Kids Zone somewhere in that location to make up for the loss of the Hills.
  3. A 3rd Deck on the East Side While this is a big undertaking, going "UP" is definitely an idea. And I thought somewhere sometime it was said that JTS was designed or had foundations built for possibly adding a 3rd deck someday. I never thought this was a possibility but with the "UP" rumor who knows.
  4. Sky Box on the East Side for suites and club section, instead of 3rd deck. High value seats to pay for themselves.
Some of these seem more far fetched than others but at this point who knows. With some of the rumors flying around. I feel like option 1 and 2 are most likely the next 2 things done to the stadium, but at this point its hard to say.

Right now I think we have demand for club seats, and student seating expansion. I think that is part of the problem if we were to sell another several thousand student tickets we would run out of other seating.

I guess it is nice to know that it sounds like we only have about a week until we will get at least some sort of an idea of what the future plan is. Until then we can all picture our dream JTS.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The seats have bothered me since the SEZ was built, fix the seats! They are pink and light yellow.
no matter what you put in there for seats they are going to fade, they sit in the sun year round. They will look nice for a couple years, then what do it all over again? Unless you just put plain silver aluminum seats in. I realize they don't match the SEZ but give it a few more years they all will be faded the same.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Regardless of how faded the seats might look, the important thing is for the club members to get their asses back on their seats before the halftime show ends. As a long-time west sider, nothing bugs me more than looking across the field to see the center section practically empty at the start of the second half because everyone is having a damn drink in the Trice Club. Same for you Sukup people. Is it too much to ask to get back in your seats before the kickoff? It looks awful on television. Fill your stomachs before the game and stay in your seats and enjoy the damn band. It works for my family, trust me, it won't kill you to cut it short. When you find out that the band is done playing, just think, "Remo says I should be back in my seat. He's probably right!"

Last edited:

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
No one sees the seats during those 358 days of the year...
The original post was from a day not involving a game so yes people see the seats outside of gameday. I see pictures of the stadium (posted by national accounts) almost every day on Twitter.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I heard a rumor a while ago that CMC wants to go "UP" with the next expansion. To make the stands taller and JTS more intimidating.
So I see a few possibilities:
  1. Expand the Sky Box, while it is sufficient for our press needs, and because we have suites located in other areas it is not exactly needed. But Club sections are needed, I believe there is a waiting list for them right now. So they could move all suites here and turn existing suite locations to club sections, or add a new club section in the sky box like some places have, plus upgraded suites and Press facilities. This would make the entire west side taller and more intimidating.
  2. North End Zone, I think this is an obvious location. I see this happening at some point, and probably adding a Kids Zone somewhere in that location to make up for the loss of the Hills.
  3. A 3rd Deck on the East Side While this is a big undertaking, going "UP" is definitely an idea. And I thought somewhere sometime it was said that JTS was designed or had foundations built for possibly adding a 3rd deck someday. I never thought this was a possibility but with the "UP" rumor who knows.
  4. Sky Box on the East Side for suites and club section, instead of 3rd deck. High value seats to pay for themselves.
Some of these seem more far fetched than others but at this point who knows. With some of the rumors flying around. I feel like option 1 and 2 are most likely the next 2 things done to the stadium, but at this point its hard to say.

Right now I think we have demand for club seats, and student seating expansion. I think that is part of the problem if we were to sell another several thousand student tickets we would run out of other seating.

I guess it is nice to know that it sounds like we only have about a week until we will get at least some sort of an idea of what the future plan is. Until then we can all picture our dream JTS.
Unfortunately JTS is fairly horizontal. Going vertical with new suites/press box could also facilitate improving the facade. I think they’d need to get creative in how to accomplish that given we already have suites.

The NEZ should have been done with the current project that’s basically in the NEZ.

cykee05

Jul 21, 2017
Are there some sketches of what it will look like when they redo the concourse on the North end? I was thinking the hills were getting raised up. That alone will change the feel creating a bowled in effect.

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
Unfortunately JTS is fairly horizontal. Going vertical with new suites/press box could also facilitate improving the facade. I think they’d need to get creative in how to accomplish that given we already have suites.

The NEZ should have been done with the current project that’s basically in the NEZ.
I think the press box suites can provide better views than SEZ

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think the press box suites can provide better views than SEZ
You’re right, it would be a more premium space. For the cost to build vertical though, the tower would either need to function as more than just game day suites, or we’d need a gift at least as large as the one for the SEZ

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
No one sees the seats during those 358 days of the year...

I would guess the first time every recruit Iowa State brings in sees it there aren't any people. Probably not a lot of recruits are going other places because of the faded seats though. Still, it would look a lot better empty if they put backs on all the benches and repainted.

CaptainClutch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 1, 2014
I would love for them to take out the Jacobson building and the jumbotron and have lower level permanent seating with a building on the end that looks a lot better and encloses the stadium. With suites and then they can still have the offices and everything that is in the Jacobson. To me I think 70,000 seats is probably our cap on how big Jack Trice should ever get but with that being said when we win (yes I said win) win a Big 12 championship the fan base might go insane and we might be able to fill an 80,000 seat stadium a few games of the year, year after year. And they could name the end building “Jacobson building” so no one gets hurt.

• Winner
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Regardless of how faded the seats might look, the important thing is for the club members to get their asses back on their seats before the halftime show ends. As a long-time west sider, nothing bugs me more than looking across the field to see the center section practically empty at the start of the second half because everyone is having a damn drink in the Trice Club. Same for you Sukup people. Is it too much to ask to get back in your seats before the kickoff? It looks awful on television. Fill your stomachs before the game and stay in your seats and enjoy the damn band. It works for my family, trust me, it won't kill you to cut it short. When you find out that the band is done playing, just think, "Remo says I should be back in my seat. He's probably right!"
Wish I could triple agree with this!