JTS Improvements - Want More

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

quadmann

Apr 26, 2021
Indianola
Has anyone been having problems posting pictures this afternoon? I've been getting server errors when trying to upload.

FWIW, I had the same problem yesterday afternoon but was able to post a picture this morning.

Here's the message I get:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The upload failed because the file could not be written to the server. The site administrator will need to resolve this before any files can be uploaded.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The rain in Ames stays mainly in the plain.
Has anyone been having problems posting pictures this afternoon? I've been getting server errors when trying to upload.

FWIW, I had the same problem yesterday afternoon but was able to post a picture this morning.

Here's the message I get:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The upload failed because the file could not be written to the server. The site administrator will need to resolve this before any files can be uploaded.
Me too. Had that a lot the last couple of days. Reported it on the Site Feedback forum,

• Informative
Reactions: quadmann

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Like I said earlier JP knows as I pointed it out to him. Now, whether he has relayed that to the workers is anyone's guess.

I'm guessing somebody has because nobody has seen anyone peeing in a corner or off the wall yet.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
They would run right into them and say they were assaulted.
Plus if they put the Pollard Bollards back, they will have a tripping hazard, fall over on another and claim ISU fans put the bollards in their path, as the fans are trying to avoid bodies on the pavement.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Looking at the weather forecast for Ames for the next ten days, I can’t imagine a much better forecast in late June for that stressed sod on Jack to recover.

After yesterday’s rain, a chance of rain Thursday through the weekend, and no forecast temps higher than 89 (today), it seems like just what the doctor ordered.

There are bad brown spots just to the west of the video board support, and downhill from it. I’m guessing both need to show signs of recovery soon. Like maybe, by the time the turf company comes back to lay the sod along the concourse—which now has topsoil. (Sorry, that image couldn’t upload because of the recurring glitch)

6EB7DAF9-76EB-4112-A27D-FA0D687E2C12.jpeg

ajspatio19

Jun 9, 2020
Ankeny
Did Ames get a good amount of rain yesterday? DSM got a ton but it didn't look like it extended too far north when I looked at the radar

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Looking at the weather forecast for Ames for the next ten days, I can’t imagine a much better forecast in late June for that stressed sod on Jack to recover.

After yesterday’s rain, a chance of rain Thursday through the weekend, and no forecast temps higher than 89 (today), it seems like just what the doctor ordered.

There are bad brown spots just to the west of the video board support, and downhill from it. I’m guessing both need to show signs of recovery soon. Like maybe, by the time the turf company comes back to lay the sod along the concourse—which now has topsoil. (Sorry, that image couldn’t upload because of the recurring glitch)

View attachment 86516
Have they watered it at all? That seems like a huge gaffe if they haven’t.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Wonder if they will put lights between the openings in the precast like they did the south endzone?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Is the only remaining concrete work just the walkways on the west side of the stadium?

Judging by the renderings, I believe that both east-west walkways will extend all the way from the SPC to the east parking lot when they’re done. And there is all concrete apron all the way across in front of the Jacobsen Building yet to be poured, I believe.

Also, @TXCyclones asked:

I assume this area will all be concrete?

View attachment 86434

They just started putting down gravel, so we’ll be able to telll how much will be concrete shortly.

Of course, the glitch means I can’t upload a photo to support this.
:rolleyes:

Last edited: