JTS Improvements - Want More

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
With that bottleneck on the north side this season, I'm gonna have to shut down the bar a little earlier to avoid the crush of humanity that is going to be backed up like a clogged colon.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
With that bottleneck on the north side this season, I'm gonna have to shut down the bar a little earlier to avoid the crush of humanity that is going to be backed up like a clogged colon.

Another thing I thought of is the band is going to have to go in one of those two north entrances as well. So 30ish minutes before kick is going to be a miss. I would hope they use the east ramp instead of the west.

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
I would love to see what the South entrance looks like now with the green space. I'm surprised I can't find and recent pictures online.

I think I can find you one but it isn't even close to the "approved" plans. I understand not wanting a reflection pool for the drunks to enjoy. Still the "flying saucer" reflection disk is really out of place. The south entrance is disappointing from an end result and expense point of view. It could have been great; now its looks like they ran out of money.

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
I think I can find you one but it isn't even close to the "approved" plans. I understand not wanting a reflection pool for the drunks to enjoy. Still the "flying saucer" reflection disk is really out of place. The south entrance is disappointing from an end result and expense point of view. It could have been great; now its looks like they ran out of money.

yup, they really cut back on this project and for as long as it took, it's a bit of a disappointment to see the final product. With that said, a majority of people will not know the difference and i will be interested to see what they do with the space on game days. If you're a first time visitor or havent been back in a few years, it makes a great impression overall.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
https://www.fpm.iastate.edu/webcam/stadium/

Since I know very little about construction, what are all those pilings for? Do the pilings and how they are being put in mean there will not be a below-ground level? Or do the pilings add even more foundation stability and they must go in before there is excavation and concrete?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
That link works for me on Safari but not Firefox. What gives?

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
yup, they really cut back on this project and for as long as it took, it's a bit of a disappointment to see the final product. With that said, a majority of people will not know the difference and i will be interested to see what they do with the space on game days. If you're a first time visitor or havent been back in a few years, it makes a great impression overall.
The biggest issue, aside from drunk hoks pissing in it every other year, was that nobody wanted to pay for the reflecting pool and fountains maintenance costs. Which is a shame. And the 1970s sci-fi dome thing is really out of place.

• Informative
Reactions: wclarson

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Whenever I see the limestone wall of the new Reiman Gardens area outside the south entrance, I think it belongs in Manhattan, Kansas!

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
The biggest issue, aside from drunk hoks pissing in it every other year, was that nobody wanted to pay for the reflecting pool and fountains maintenance costs. Which is a shame. And the 1970s sci-fi dome thing is really out of place.

Was wondering what the greenspace would be used for and this looks perfect to host non other than College Game Day! funny how it all works out!

Reactions: beentherebefore

bigbert41

Jan 29, 2015
Exciting that Pollard is teasing more improvements.

Just aesthetically I really think the press box needs to be updated. And even more simple is the seats.

Attachments

• jack trice.jpg
    jack trice.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 74

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
Exciting that Pollard is teasing more improvements.

Just aesthetically I really think the press box needs to be updated. And even more simple is the seats.
If only they could do that and also bowl-in the North end zone just like the other end, JTS would be second to none.

• Winner
Reactions: Remo Gaggi