NBA: Jordan vs Lebron

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
MJ >>> Everyone else

6-0 in NBA Finals averaging 34 ppg in NBA Finals in his career.
MJ > Lebron
MJ's free throw's would be out of control too if he played in this day and age. He played in a much more physical sport at the time he dominated.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
They've both got good arguments.

MJ's 6-0 finals record. Could have been more if hadn't taken time off.

Lebron's 10 finals appearances on 3 different teams with 3 completely different rosters and coached, including 8 straight.

Lebron will probably be the all time leading scorer and top 10 in assists all time. He playoff scoring record is going to be untouchable as well. Those are impressive records.

To me, the "Jordan 6-0 finals record case closed" argument is lazy since Bill Russell was 11-1, including 10 straight. 3 different players have gone 8-0.

If I was putting together a roster and had the first pick, I'd take Lebron. I've never seen anyone single handedly carry bad teams deep into the playoffs and even into the finals like Lebron.

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
True but Jordan played in a time when defenses were allowed to literally commit assault and battery on you when driving the lane. Not saying Lebron wouldn't have thrived back then, he's a physical freak. But imagine Jordan going off if he were playing against today's defenses where they aren't allowed to get within a foot of the ballhandler.
If Gary Payton would have been able to guard Jordan from game 1 instead of game 4(calf injury) on that Finals might have been different. He goes from 31ppg to 23ppg and only hits 1 3-pointer the final 3 games. You got guys like Russell Westbrook every night now.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
If Gary Payton would have been able to guard Jordan from game 1 instead of game 4(calf injury) on that Finals might have been different. He goes from 31ppg to 23ppg and only hits 1 3-pointer the final 3 games. You got guys like Russell Westbrook every night now.
You realize that bulls team was one of the best of all time right?

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
The numbers are right there Mike! See how much tougher that fadeaway is over Kevin Durant than Gerald Wilkins. Those guys were ******* bums compared to the competition now.
You are going to lose everyone if you start talking about comparing defense from MJ's era to now..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron