John Deere strike imminent?

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Deere is continuing to provide medical benefits to striking workers. Never used to see that.

I think they were going to hold out on a bonus too.

If they're folding on these items, it makes me think theyre close to a deal they think the members will accept next week.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I saw something on a news site that there's this random warehouse in Ankeny that strikers are at (it's on Delaware just south of Sam's Club) & it's upsetting to those who work there.

Apparently the warehouse is owned by Deere, but no actual Deere employees work there, they just own it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I am bad at welding, luckily I have a cousin that does it for a living, when I have vertical or above your head welding needed.

Reactions: cymac2408

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Now for the story: About 30 years ago I worked with a welder who claimed to be certified in underwater welding as a Navy Seal. ( Uhh, Yeah, Right), but I didn't know how truly great he was till he told me that he was so good he had dolphins trained to bring him weld rod when he needed it
The dolphin part is funny but I do know that Jim Howe from Ames (Shop on Duff) was an underwater Navy welder.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Just awful, but again, why are they in the road? I don't mean this as blaming the individual, but standing on a darkened road where there are streetlights out is a bad idea. I just honestly don't understand this part of the picket lines. They aren't in the road in Ankeny.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Just awful, but again, why are they in the road? I don't mean this as blaming the individual, but standing on a darkened road where there are streetlights out is a bad idea. I just honestly don't understand this part of the picket lines. They aren't in the road in Ankeny.

Yeah, especially if the person was on what looks like is an arterial road.

Still sucks though.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

Still sucks though.

Article says they were crossing the road.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Still sucks though.

Oh it's absolutely terrible don't get me wrong. That's just one of those things I absolutely don't get.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron