Joe Scates transferring

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Pettway, Hutchinson,....others I am missing, I'm sure. Hope we can land that transfer/juco stud reciever again this offseason.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I thought one of Noel’s weakest areas was the return game. He seemed scared back there. Hopefully it gets better with experience. But he muffed a couple punts, and it seemed like he fair caught every punt I saw him receive. Maybe the idea was to get him used to it since he’s a freshman and has years left but he wasn’t great in that area

Noel never seemed scared. If anything, he seemed overconfident.

Sounds like someone is having a sour reaction to the possibliity that Noel's rise may have contributed to Scates decline in playing time and priority.

Back away from the computer Mrs. Scates.

• Dumb
  • Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt and jmb

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I felt like Milton was a solid option especially after he put on some muscle. Yea Noel is good but I haven’t seen a ton of spark from him so far to be honest. Other than getting a lot of playing time and catching a few 5 yard screens a game. I’d be inclined to play Milton over him. Scates has a ton of talent so maybe even him as well. Although obviously Hutchinson made it tough for them
Wow. This year Noel had clearly surpassed Milton and was significantly better. I think injuries have taken their toll on Milton. He just seems to have no burst any more.

Noel is what this offense has been dying for since D. Jones - a guy thatcan get in and out breaks quickly and provide some great options out of the slot.

Lazyboi69

Dec 7, 2021
I guess I saw something different. But the stats say he was 5th in the league in kick return average and 4th in the league in punt return average. As a freshman. And he was the only player in the top 5 of both lists.
In a league of 10 teams, where he’d only return it if he had loads of space (regarding punts). The fair catches should factor in as a zero yard return but they don’t

Lazyboi69

Dec 7, 2021
Noel never seemed scared. If anything, he seemed overconfident.

Sounds like someone is having a sour reaction to the possibliity that Noel's rise may have contributed to Scates decline in playing time and priority.

Back away from the computer Mrs. Scates.
Good one dude. All I’m saying is that people seem overhyped on Noel because he’s athletic, has gotten a lotta playing time as a freshman, and has potential. But I’m sorry he hasn’t proven to be like an Olave or Wilson from Ohio state and even if he is, he won’t have a qb/line that can showcase that ability

Lazyboi69

Dec 7, 2021
But...some of those fair catches he might have been doing what he told to do...and some were the proper decision. So why penalize him for those?
I’m not “penalizing” him lol. I’m just saying some people seem to be drinking a bit too much kool-aid. Like just relax he’s young and has time to develop but People seem to have higher than appropriate hopes for him

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Good one dude. All I’m saying is that people seem overhyped on Noel because he’s athletic, has gotten a lotta playing time as a freshman, and has potential. But I’m sorry he hasn’t proven to be like an Olave or Wilson from Ohio state and even if he is, he won’t have a qb/line that can showcase that ability
Who said Noel played like 2 elite college players who will go day 1 or 2 in this year's draft!!

You seem like someone with an axe to grind, than an observer of Cyclone football.

I am optimistic Noel can be a solid player as CMC tends to bring freshman along slowly. Also, Noel's skill set might be leveraged better by Dekkers than Purdy.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

Damn, Noel is the worst wide receiver in ISU history. He came in as a 3 star freshman and was not immediately able to prove himself to the level of the best two receivers in college football. I'm a little disappointed he didn't show any flashes of Tyreek Hills speed or DeAndre Hopkins catching ability this year.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I think that we have a good change of having a couple true freshman in the rotation at receiver next year. If Daniel Jackson doesn't start to come along I fully expect Gaines and specifically Townsend to get a lot of run in this offense. I would also expect another true freshman. Adams. will pick up the return duties so no one need worry abut Noel back there calling fair catches.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
In a league of 10 teams, where he’d only return it if he had loads of space (regarding punts). The fair catches should factor in as a zero yard return but they don’t
When your punt return team pretty much never sets up a return you are going to have a large number of fair catches. But, yeah, he should have tried to return some where he was one on three or four so he could get blown up after gaining two yards.

Yes, he made the right decision on almost all of those fair catches.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron