Jeff Woody hopes we lose to TCU on Saturday

What say you? Do you agree with Jeff, or are you a loyal son forever true?

• Yes, I want TCU to beat Iowa State to increase their odds of making CFP

Votes: 125 30.3%
  • No, to hell with TCU and the Big 12, Go State!

Votes: 287 69.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The other flaw in this argument is TCU still has to beat K-State or Texas in the Big12 Championship game. I don't think either school is just going to roll over.

Plus a 1 loss TCU still has a path to the CFB Playoff. Although a loss to a 5-7 ISU might be a big negative. But IMO no worse than if they beat ISU and then lose to KSU or Texas.

But it would not surprise me if USC and Clemson don't lose at least 1 more game. If that's the case and Georgia wins the SEC CG, then I could see the playoff being:

Georgia (Undefeated)
Ohio State
Michigan
TCU (1 Loss)

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
The other flaw in this argument is TCU still has to beat K-State or Texas in the Big12 Championship game. I don't think either school is just going to roll over.

Plus a 1 loss TCU still has a path to the CFB Playoff. Although a loss to a 5-7 ISU might be a big negative. But IMO no worse than if they beat ISU and then lose to KSU or Texas.

But it would not surprise me if USC and Clemson don't lose at least 1 more game. If that's the case and Georgia wins the SEC CG, then I could see the playoff being:

Georgia (Undefeated)
Ohio State
Michigan
TCU (1 Loss)
they aren't getting in if they lose to either us or K-State. they have to be 13-0 to make it.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021

Georgia (Undefeated)
Ohio State
Michigan
TCU (1 Loss)
This is where the Big12 perception problem and rankings come into play, as long as USC/Clemson/OSU/Michigan have only one loss they would be higher then TCU. TCU needs chaos or to remain undefeated to get in. I don't think it would happen but if TCU lost the championship game there is a very small possibility that they could get jumped by a two loss team.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
they aren't getting in if they lose to either us or K-State. they have to be 13-0 to make it.

Why does TCU have to be 13-0?

USC is 10-1 and still plays ND and Pac12 Championship Game
Clemson is 10-1 and still plays S Carolina and N Carolina

Why would those 2 schools at 11-2 be a better choice than a 12-1 TCU? Especially if TCU wins the Big12 CCG?

If Georgia beats LSU, then LSU is a 3 loss team. Tennessee is a 2 loss team and won't have the SEC CG has a 13th data point. Didn't that hurt the Big12 back in the day.

If Bama is still in consideration, the Committee is taking bribes!!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Ever since I lost in flippy cup to those bastards before the 05 bowl game, I will never stop hating them. TCU must die. Gods on our side.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Why does TCU have to be 13-0?

USC is 10-1 and still plays ND and Pac12 Championship Game
Clemson is 10-1 and still plays S Carolina and N Carolina

Why would those 2 schools at 11-2 be a better choice than a 12-1 TCU? Especially if TCU wins the Big12 CCG?

If Georgia beats LSU, then LSU is a 3 loss team. Tennessee is a 2 loss team and won't have the SEC CG has a 13th data point. Didn't that hurt the Big12 back in the day.

If Bama is still in consideration, the Committee is taking bribes!!
I want to believe the committee would do that as much as you do, but it just won't happen.

TCU will be 4th in tonight's rankings- losing to Iowa State on Saturday would put them too far back to make up the ground.

What WOULD help them is Ohio St beating Michigan b/c Michigans Non-Conf is trash.

I also don't see Clemson and USC both losing - USC is more likely to lose than Clemson with the remaining schedule.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
With all of the bad press that had been out there lately about the Big 12 and how we were doomed with UT/OU leaving-

Yes- I want TCU to beat us and make the CFB for the betterment of the conference.

I’m kind of in the same boat. We don’t gain much by winning. Letting TVU get into the playoff would be better for the Big12 from a perception perspective. Especially with an expanded playoff, if we want to get a second team in, that perception is going to be important.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I want ISU to win, but I don't really care that much either way. The season is done with the exception of possibly a terrible bowl game. Beating TCU isn't going to make any meaningful difference for the program. Meh.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
My first thought is that TCU is going to get sodomized by the committee one way or another; they won't be allowed in the CFP even if undefeated.

BUT

No undefeated conference champ has even been excluded. So maybe I am overstating the corruption.

That said, I still want ISU to win. TCU will be out in favor of Clemson and USC, to be sure. But TCU could still lose to KSU in the CCG. Anything ISU can build on is a good thing.

I do not think ISU will win, however.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
Honestly I think this is a rare no-lose situation.

ISU wins big: adds to the giant-killer brand

ISU wins close: takes some of the bitterness out of the mouths of players and gives hope for next season

ISU loses close: really cements that this team has talent and potential that can hopefully be recognized next year after staff changes

ISU loses big: CMC hopefully goes flamethrower mode and really roots out the issues that were under the surface the last few years.

All that being said I think they'll give TCU a game and lose by one score. Sucks because IMO that's the worst outcome, but that's just how this season has gone.

Reactions: Proton and ISUKyro

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
My first thought is that TCU is going to get sodomized by the committee one way or another; they won't be allowed in the CFP even if undefeated.

BUT

No undefeated conference champ has even been excluded. So maybe I am overstating the corruption.

That said, I still want ISU to win. TCU will be out in favor of Clemson and USC, to be sure. But TCU could still lose to KSU in the CCG. Anything ISU can build on is a good thing.

I do not think ISU will win, however.
TCU has to win both remaining games - no other way. The committee has shown their biases before and will continue to do so.

Say TCU loses to K-State in the Big 12 title game- they probably go into that game ranked #3 after the Ohio St/Mich game. They aren't dropping only 1 spot to #4 with that loss. They are dropping further.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I want to believe the committee would do that as much as you do, but it just won't happen.

TCU will be 4th in tonight's rankings- losing to Iowa State on Saturday would put them too far back to make up the ground.

What WOULD help them is Ohio St beating Michigan b/c Michigans Non-Conf is trash.

I also don't see Clemson and USC both losing - USC is more likely to lose than Clemson with the remaining schedule.
Are you sure TCU will be 4 in the rankings tonight? They eked out another one score win over a non ranked team. USC beat a ranked team on the road. I could see them jumping TCU.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
From 30,000 feet, conference members want TCU to win. It could mean a ton of cash and cachet.

As an ISU fan, how the hell do you root against your squad? Come on, boys, that's completely irrational.

Also, who we cheer for has zero effect on the outcome. So, who cares!

• Agree
Reactions: Proton