Jared’s RB Room Article

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I was literally just thinking how this competition mirrored 2019.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Great article from Jared, as usual, but I will stick up for Darien Porter regarding the article. Nobody today ever said that Sanders out ran Porter. Sanders broke through the line and was loose and Nate said Porter came from all the way across the field and was hip to hip with Sanders at the 5 yd line before Sanders went into the endzone.

Porter says if they were allowed to tackle he would have tackled him short of the goal line.

Not that any of this matters, but Sanders did not out run Porter. Porter caught him and had to run across the field to do so. Porter is the fastest guy on the team from what I've heard..... maybe Q Adams is now.... not sure? But yes.... Sanders is VERY fast.... and that's great!

Just sticking up for Porter!

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Great article from Jared, as usual, but I will stick up for Darien Porter regarding the article. Nobody today ever said that Sanders out ran Porter. Sanders broke through the line and was loose and Nate said Porter came from all the way across the field and was hip to hip with Sanders at the 5 yd line before Sanders went into the endzone.

Porter says if they were allowed to tackle he would have tackled him short of the goal line.

Not that any of this matters, but Sanders did not out run Porter. Porter caught him and had to run across the field to do so. Porter is the fastest guy on the team from what I've heard..... maybe Q Adams is now.... not sure? But yes.... Sanders is VERY fast.... and that's great!

Lol okay

ISUATC

Feb 1, 2007

Either way, I don't have a problem with speed on both sides of the ball.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Either way, I don't have a problem with speed on both sides of the ball.

Exactly!

As I said in my post, it's no big deal at all.... they are both fast and that's awesome. I would just bet that Porter is faster.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

If you listen to the full video interviews, Scheelhaase and Sanders are both more clear about this. Jared was just cherry-picking his quotes.

Reactions: cyence

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012

Was porter a sprinter in HS? for some reason I thought he was more of a midrange guy. 400m and such. Just a different kind of speed from a 100m type of guy (typically).

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Was porter a sprinter in HS? for some reason I thought he was more of a midrange guy. 400m and such. Just a different kind of speed from a 100m type of guy (typically).
State record in the 400. I think he ran 400 hurdles too. Was not a typical 100m type sprinter.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
He didn’t focus on the 100m, but still ran a 10.68 100m—and a 21.69 200m.

For comparison, Sanders’ personal best in the 100m is a 10.71, so more or less a wash.

On an side note, his HS teammate (and current freshman wr) Quaron Adams ran a 10.49 100m (and a 21.61 200m) as a high school freshman, then “only” a 10.69 100m best after that, as a junior.

Looking at the team meet logs, Quaron missed substantial chunks of all three (soph, junior, senior) track seasons, though I don’t know the reason(s) why. He simply didn’t run enough to round into peak form.

Reactions: bozclone