Jacob Ellis commits

CyState85

May 8, 2019
He is a 7th year guy with his MBA, all-conference player that dominated the competition when healthy, and has NFL bloodlines (brother is starting tonight for the Rams). He isn’t some kid from Rockwell City that we hope contributes on Special Teams someday; he is a proven player

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
They must pay well. Horne and King were basically shoe in starters for ISU next year, but they decide to transfer to Florida A&M?

Unless they just couldn’t handle the weather or wanted to be closer to home?
Not so sure that's true. There's so much talent coming up right now in the freshman and sophomore classes.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Wasn't my phrase, shouldn't you be correcting the source?
You’re getting pissy because I didn’t multiquote?

I wasn’t “correcting”, I was agreeing—and just chose to spell it correctly.

Clonedude’s post had much bigger issues than mere grammar. I’m still rolling my eyes.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
They must pay well. Horne and King were basically shoe in starters for ISU next year, but they decide to transfer to Florida A&M?

Unless they just couldn’t handle the weather or wanted to be closer to home?
Pure Clonedude. Do you ever play attention before you start typing?

King clearly wanted to go somewhere he could start as a senior. Youngsters in Beau Freyler and Craig McDonald had clearly moved past him as safety—and it’s likely that other youngsters like Jordyn Morgan and Malik Verdon will be cutting into PT at safety as well. Plus Anthony Johnson reportedly moving there.

And Horne, another upperclassman, was doomed to a supporting role when Vance decided to come back. Vaughn gets one spot, and even if Reeder doesn’t get the other, there are a buncha ton of youngsters here waiting to make their move in Spring ball as well.

Oh, and it’s “shoo-in”. From just easily shooing critters like chickens into the henhouse with a “Shoo!” No footwear about it.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013

The other Co-Defensive player of the year. Good company to be in.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Didn’t find him on 247 - does he have a recruiting profile anywhere?

Here is his profile on Rivals:

And he is on the commitment list there:

When I posted the Council Bluffs Nonpareil article a couple of weeks ago, I figured the term “offer” as used there could mean either scholarship or preferred walk on. Not positive Rivals is correct, but by “offer” there, I think that means he is on scholarship.

93CloneMoves

Sep 9, 2021
Grimes, IA
Here is his profile on Rivals:

And he is on the commitment list there:

When I posted the Council Bluffs Nonpareil article a couple of weeks ago, I figured the term “offer” as used there could mean either scholarship or preferred walk on. Not positive Rivals is correct, but by “offer” there, I think that means he is on scholarship.
Yeah, it’s quite the pull for Ellis if he got the scholarship given he wasn’t getting much attention. I saw both Coach Blackbourn and Coach Terry tweeted congrats to him, Terry’s tweet said you earned this, so that lends to him earning the scholarship.

He had 5 picks on the season, has a nose for the ball, hope he keeps the juco chip on his shoulder and goes out and balls it up.

• Agree
Reactions: Clone83

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Yeah, it’s quite the pull for Ellis if he got the scholarship given he wasn’t getting much attention. I saw both Coach Blackbourn and Coach Terry tweeted congrats to him, Terry’s tweet said you earned this, so that lends to him earning the scholarship.

He had 5 picks on the season, has a nose for the ball, hope he keeps the juco chip on his shoulder and goes out and balls it up.
Recruiting JUCOs is always different as recruits have more varied backgrounds, and I think it was you that pointed out, or maybe someone else here, of Covid possibly having an effect. Throw in NIL, conference and coaching changes, the portal, and there is a lot going on. From that Nonpareil article (that I also linked to in the second post of this thread), it also looks like IW played two football seasons in 2021:

Ellis was a key part of the defense through the spring and fall seasons, which earned him All-American honors after both seasons. …

My biggest uncertainty was that I didn’t see his name listed in the first couple of posts of the main recruiting thread. @NATEizKING keeps otherwise pretty complete lists of offers, PWO offers, commitments, and so on, though not always completely up to date:

Last edited:
Reactions: 93CloneMoves