Jacob Ellis commits

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Below is what I posted regarding Jacob Ellis in the Nate Glantz thread. Both played for Iowa Western:

Which JUCO did he play for?
Here is the recent news article I linked on Jacob Ellis.

His father played in the NFL. His grandfather was heavyweight champion and 1-1 against Ali as an amateur (see the posts below the one linked).

Excellent gets, both. Congratulations guys!

Here is that Nate Glantz thread:

And the post there where it was reported that Jacob Ellis also committed (Note: there is a site error in what text is inserted in these links):

So we got the JUCO offensive and defensive player of the year in the same night.

Last edited:
Reactions: aauummm

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'd assume Ellis is a scholarship guy since no one has said differently. I didn't see him listed yet on 24/7 so I thought I'd ask?

93CloneMoves

Sep 9, 2021
Grimes, IA
I'd assume Ellis is a scholarship guy since no one has said differently. I didn't see him listed yet on 24/7 so I thought I'd ask?
Pretty sure he’s a PWO as well. Didn’t have much for offers. Had a Tennessee Martin offer (FCS), which has a couple TEs from IW, The D over there has turned out plenty of DTs but not much for FBS at the rest of the positions. By all accounts Ellis is a hard worker and good skills, just wasn’t fortunate enough to pull many offers with the Covid season and portal traffic.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Florida A&M works the transfer circuit. I counted 26 FBS/FCS transfers on their team including 4 former ISU commits/players.

They must pay well. Horne and King were basically shoe in starters for ISU next year, but they decide to transfer to Florida A&M?

Unless they just couldn’t handle the weather or wanted to be closer to home?

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
They must pay well. Horne and King were basically shoe in starters for ISU next year, but they decide to transfer to Florida A&M?

More likely that they would be battling the more talented newcomers for backup snaps behind Vance, Vaughn, and Reeder. Neither Horne nor King seemed to improve their game last year compared to what they had done in the past.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

Lol shoe in starters?