Jack Trice throw backs

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Indeed. They should get rid of the Trice stripes in the front and make the numbers gold, throw "Iowa State" on the front and make them permanent.

I like how the white popped on the dark red and gold. can we have white piping around the numbers?

The gold numbers on the helmet looked awesome as well.

Last edited:

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I like how the white popped on the dark red and gold. can we have white piping around the numbers?

I really really like this idea. where is the cyclone uniform guy when you need him!
White is completely unnecessary and ruins it. Our colors are cardinal and gold and that should be it.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I love the style of the uniforms, i love the meaning behind the uniforms. The thing I didnt like about the uniforms was that the jerseys looked cheap. Everything on them were heat pressed or screen printed. The jerseys themselves look like they were stock jerseys right off the rack at the local sporting goods store (way too shiny)- not custom made Nike uniforms. The stripes and numbers should have been tackle twill also. It's as if the whole thing was thrown together at the last minute before the season started just to do something.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I love the style of the uniforms, i love the meaning behind the uniforms. The thing I didnt like about the uniforms was that the jerseys looked cheap. Everything on them were heat pressed or screen printed. The jerseys themselves look like they were stock jerseys right off the rack at the local sporting goods store (way too shiny)- not custom made Nike uniforms. The stripes and numbers should have been tackle twill also. It's as if the whole thing was thrown together at the last minute before the season started just to do something.
Sounds like they were designed for one game with little hitting.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
White is completely unnecessary and ruins it. Our colors are cardinal and gold and that should be it.

I have heard this so many times and it has never made sense. A huge majority of jerseys from nearly every sport include some white, and almost no teams claim "white" as a color.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I have heard this so many times and it has never made sense. A huge majority of jerseys from nearly every sport include some white, and almost no teams claim "white" as a color.
[video=youtube;04I0ZMIheNQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04I0ZMIheNQ[/video]

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
jukebox will never be happy with uniforms as long as he's alive.
:smile:

There are so many opportunities to just get a timeless look, and ISU messes it up.
Oh well, the current jerseys aren't horrible.

Edit:

I wouldn't care if we wore a rainbow uniform if we won games though.

Last edited:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

Teams include some white because it's a base color for road (football) and home (basketball).

I disagree about low number of teams claiming white as a color.

College major conference schools that have white as secondary:

• Texas
  • TCU
  • Michigan State
  • Penn State
  • Wisconsin
  • Maryland (actually one of four colors, still counts)
  • Duke
  • Georgia Tech (White is actually primary, I think — "white and old gold")
  • N.C. State
  • North Carolina
  • Stanford
  • Utah
  • Kentucky
  • Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Mississippi State
  • Texas A&M

OU, Indiana and Nebraska have "cream" as secondary.

Naddafinga

Aug 14, 2013
IA
Those uniforms were the best I've ever seen ISU wear. Everything from the true Gold color (instead of yellow) to the helmets with numbers. We should be wearing those or at least something similar going forward. Can't be positive about the quality of the performance right now, but those uni's were great.

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I'm not generally a fan of gold on uniforms, but I did really like the look. I especially like the color scheme on the helmets. Would love to see them get rid of the red shading in the I State logo on the helmet and keep just a single gold color I State logo on the cardinal helmet.

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
I'm not taking credit, but I emailed Pollard about this the day it hit CF, and he wrote back. Nice to see a good idea get realized.

matty74

Dec 31, 2010
I wouldn't mind seeing them keeping the colors including helmet minus the old school vertical stripes on the front.

The gold pants and dark cardinal jerseys looked great along with the matte helmets. Those really should be ISU's main uniform instead of the garish red/yellow and white look. ISU really got away from the good colors during the Criner/Walden era

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis

I felt the shiny red jersey's looked a little pinkish as the light changed with the setting sun. And I'm being serious about this, I don't intend this to be a slam about how the team played. And yes, I think there is some validity to the comment 'do you want fries with that." There has to be some way to keep the overall idea, but null out the ronald mcdonald/ burger king image these uniforms bring to mind.

I als feel that introducing these unis on a team that has little confidence and in a game that has high importance within the year, was probably a mistake.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Those uniforms were the best I've ever seen ISU wear. Everything from the true Gold color (instead of yellow) to the helmets with numbers. We should be wearing those or at least something similar going forward. Can't be positive about the quality of the performance right now, but those uni's were great.

Without a doubt. Our current uniforms would look so much better if it had a shade of gold from from the Trice uniforms instead of the bright yellow we currently have. How they came up with that shade of yellow back in 2008 I will never know, it looks hideous. The 2007 throw backs that our new uniform was to be based from even had a better shade of yellow/gold then our current ones. Also I don't mind a little white mixed in as well, kind of like our late 70s look.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I'm going to add to this thread again. That shade of gold on Saturday night should be on our regular uniform. I'm probably going to bump this thread every day until that happens.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron