It's Memphis time,.....bring it on!!!!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
We win 73-68 and are ranked in the top 20 when rankings come out next week. I think the chances now of running the non con without a loss are looking good. After this the game I think they might lay an egg will be at Creighton. Other than that, I don't see Iowa beating us at Hilton and no one else on the non-con is a power. Go into the conference with 11 wins, pick up 9 or 10, win one in the conference tourney and it's off to the dance they go.
You are getting optimistic reactions here. Three weeks ago you would have gotten nothing but dumb reactions. I like the way this is trending.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Condit reminds me of McKay . Not very disciplined. Could be really good. He will foul out again I am afraid.

The thing is that outside the technical, his fouls were because he was playing tough defense. He needs to learn that sometimes giving up a bucket is better than a foul.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The thing is that outside the technical, his fouls were because he was playing tough defense. He needs to learn that sometimes giving up a bucket is better than a foul.
So tell me about that technical - I couldn't see it. CW made it sound like it was pretty much all Nunge and Conditt really didn't say much but got rung up anyway.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
So tell me about that technical - I couldn't see it. CW made it sound like it was pretty much all Nunge and Conditt really didn't say much but got rung up anyway.
Camera angle wasnt the best, Nunge was running backwards down the court flapping his gums and really couldnt see what Conditt was doing but assume he was flipping it back.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
Me at the beginning of the season: "Dont get trapped into expecting too much...just wanna see some semblance of team basketball and obvious coaching. 10 wins would be nice."

Vs how it's going: "Let's beat top 10 Memphis and sneak in the top 25. This team could be tournament material."

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
I imagine Nunge said something to the effect, “Just like last year”, after draining the three. Then George responded “you’re getting your ass kicked moron”.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I'd rather play Memphis now rather than later when their freshman get more acclimated. They look like a legit Final 4 contender to me just in watching alot of the top teams this week.
Memphis is freakishly athletic, but they will struggle against similarly athletic teams with discipline and make 3's. Watched the Auburn v UConn game and IMO both would handle Memphis.

This is where US basketball development is broke. Kids like Bates & Duren have huge upsides but they need a chance to develop their bodies and offensive skills before jumping to NBA.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
We win 73-68 and are ranked in the top 20 when rankings come out next week. I think the chances now of running the non con without a loss are looking good. After this the game I think they might lay an egg will be at Creighton. Other than that, I don't see Iowa beating us at Hilton and no one else on the non-con is a power. Go into the conference with 11 wins, pick up 9 or 10, win one in the conference tourney and it's off to the dance they go.
Yeah....someone save this post please. This team will still have some pretty bad nights IMO and I still think .500 will be an achievement for them. Fun so far though....let's see what Memphis brings.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
They seemed beatable tonight

Lot of talent but not disciplined at all.

If Memphis is in the groove it will be hard to stop them but if we can keep up the defensive pressure and frustrate them it is winnable.

Going to be fun to watch in any case.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Here is a preview of tomorrow night's game from CBS Sports:

Memphis struggled on offense, making just 39.3 percent of its field goal attempts and also committing 14 turnovers. Its shot and pass selection at times left a lot to be desired. But the Tigers' defense more than made up for those shortcomings.
Meanwhile, Iowa State validated its four straight home wins by upsetting No. 25 Xavier 82-70 in Wednesday night's first semifinal.
Penn State transfer Izaiah Brockington became the first Big 12 player to ring up 30 points in a game this season, hitting 3 of 4 shots from 3-point range and establishing a new career high.
Brockington got some much-needed help from freshman Tyrese Hunter, who tied his career high with 19 points. Minnesota transfer Gabe Kalscheur added 12 points and George Conditt IV scored 10.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Yeah....someone save this post please. This team will still have some pretty bad nights IMO and I still think .500 will be an achievement for them. Fun so far though....let's see what Memphis brings.

I'll save it myself. And they may have some real bad nights, most teams not named Duke do. But I'm beyond seeing what another team brings to see if the guys measure up. That is what was done to Prohm in his good years because no one would concede that yeah...........they are good. Not doing that to TJ and the guys. This team is good!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Good chance to see if ISU can sustain things.

Loved the way they came out after half and jumped on it last night.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Camera angle wasnt the best, Nunge was running backwards down the court flapping his gums and really couldnt see what Conditt was doing but assume he was flipping it back.

That's weird that a Fran coached player would start ****.

Not.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Condit reminds me of McKay . Not very disciplined. Could be really good. He will foul out again I am afraid.

McKay was probably 5X better than Conditt. I don’t remember McKay ever being a huge liability in fouling. Hoiberg teams just generally didn’t foul very much, possibly to their detriment.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Memphis is super talented, but young. This is the time of the year to play them, because they'll probably be a beast by March. Hopefully our older guys like Brockington and Kalscheur, along with our own uber-talented freshman Hunter can carry us to the win.
Their 2 studs are freshman but they are a roster loaded with upperclassmen. I will be surprised if we win, but we were all expecting to lose to Xavier so never know.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

McKay was Big 12 Defensive player of the year, not sure what you mean by could be really good, I think he's the only guy we've ever had win that award. I wish anything about Conditts game reminded me of Jameel.

Reactions: Gunnerclone