ISU News and Tweets

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Rooting for Providence to win if we get past Miami. Would rather play a team not familiar with our defense than one that has beaten us twice and knows our tendencies. Additionally, KU being a blue blood, I suspect the refs would give them all the calls (as usual).
Beat us once. That game in Lawrence was a hose job. I want KU again. If ISU makes it to that round and wins it will be the biggest game in history. I want it over KU not Providence.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I like Rome. I think he is a "Clone" at heart. I wouldn't be surprised if TJ is on his show this week, or an ISU player

At first I thought he was a one-trick pony -- a shock-jock sports commentator.

But I really like his interviews. He brings in some great guests.

I haven't heard him in a while. Wish he were back on KXNO.
They probably went over their limit of guys on KXNO who aren’t total Hawk butt kissers when they hired CW, so they can’t bring back Rome. I think he does excellent, well-prepared interviews.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
the game in Ames against the beakers was my fault. After Agbaji and Martin were out, I put money on ISU to win, since the odds didn't go against us. It won't happen again.

We beat them in the Phog. They were given 5 points. Won't happen again.

But we have to beat Miami first, one game at a time, fellas. But we fans don't have to prepare the same way. Good thing!

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
They probably went over their limit of guys on KXNO who aren’t total Hawk butt kissers when they hired CW, so they can’t bring back Rome. I think he does excellent, well-prepared interviews.
If I remember right, I also think Rome p*ssed off Kirk, and Kirk vowed never to do another Jim Rome show. I don't remember what it was over, however.

So that may have been a factor in KXNO dropping Rome.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Hawk fans saying we haven’t beat anyone in this tournament yet, but had a cake walk first 3 games if Big 10 tourney and lost to a 12 seed Thursday. They are seriously the worst sports fans in the country
AND...they let that team that they claim "isn't anyone" to win their precious conference.
Prediction: NCAA will put 9 big10 teams in again next year. Blah, blah, blah

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
If I remember right, I also think Rome p*ssed off Kirk, and Kirk vowed never to do another Jim Rome show. I don't remember what it was over, however.

So that may have been a factor in KXNO dropping Rome.
Or the fact that Rome's show is syndicated by CBS Sports radio, and since we have a CBS Sports radio station affiliate in the market (1700 AM), they probably get it instead.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Mention right off the bat on Dan Patrick. He said how did this team only win 2 games last year. Uh, Dan we made a coaching change and 90% of that team is gone. Lazy lack of research by a real pro in the sports talk industry.
what a reverse negative way to look at it, Patrick. geesh

Reactions: EYEoftheSTORM

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron