ISU Gambling Megathread

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Guessing it was to advance himself. Unless he was upset that Iowa and ISU didn't recruit him and he had to play at Waldorf. If that was the case, you think he would have came after UNI also.
It's all making sense now, its Rhoho:
After a stint in Nebraska, but before his time at UNI, Rhoho was actually one of the better back up right fielders in Waldorf baseball history.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
What a **** show. Hopefully every single one of these people that were wrongfully investigated get made whole.
Yep. And seeing several agents asked to not be involved/reassigned...that screams "this isn't right"

I am not an attorney or know how it works (finding out illegal/against policy stuff without a warrant)...but say a guy like Hunter....could he say "i was a big 12 starter and my trajectory would likely be an undrafted free agent" and use that as a starting point for a settlement?

Or Enyi...how would they calculate lost earnings? Or the other guys? Just wild.

This is going to get very interesting and i hope folks are held accountable.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Where's our local lawman? Can TOE and ISU fans band together for a class action suit against...someone or thing...for substantially weakening our teams?

wintersmd

Jul 2, 2014
I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on this. It would be nice to have the state of Iowa pay for my daughter's college from here on out. BIL is a lawyer, so if there is proof they were illegally taking info from kids' phones I'd take a piece of the action.

Although, she isn't a gambler, so I don't know if it would apply to her. I haven't been following this close enough to really understand what the DCI was doing or if they were actually collecting information.
At this point I don't know if I would trust what the DCI says. Regardless of if someone was a gambler, just the thought that they were collecting information. I don't know how the GeoFence works, if it collects specific "gambling information" , or collects all information, and then gets separated from there.

Reactions: Clonefan94

Cyghhh

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 18, 2022
IANAL, but I think there's wiggle room for reasonable cause. So it's going to come down to what the reason was to initiate the search, the same reason that the agent suddenly can't seem to remember.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
IANAL, but I think there's wiggle room for reasonable cause. So it's going to come down to what the reason was to initiate the search, the same reason that the agent suddenly can't seem to remember.

But they’d still have to take that cause to a judge first. They didn’t appear to do that. There wasn’t a danger to a person that might preclude the need for a warrant.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I know the settlement gets passed onto us taxpayers and all, but my goodness I hope they get the State of Iowa for all they can. What an absolute, unabated clown show.

Again, the end result of this all was to stick most of these kids with a ticket. All of this to issue a few thousand in fines.