Is Weber out a KSU?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
One thing to keep in mind that we often don't as fans - the #1 most important thing in a job is your boss. Maybe Underwood doesn't like the Illinois AD, President and boosters. If that is true (and I have no idea) and he likes the KSU people, then even a pay cut (that would probably come with more job security) could easily be more attractive to him. Even though we all see Illinois has better recruiting grounds and cash and thus easier to succeed.

Would you prefer $3M per year and work with your buddies, or $4M per year to work with a bunch of a-holes?

I call that the Texas factor. Only reason to coach at Texas is money. The rest of that program would be a pain in the *ss to deal with. The big donors and the entire fan base sense of entitlement would take a special coach to want to put up with it.

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
I don't get the vibe that this is a destination job for him. If he has success he will be quick to move on (he's a state of Texas guy).

• Dumb
Reactions: surly

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
1. We have no idea how he'll do as the head guy.
2. His recruiting territory doesn't overlap with TJ's.

I honestly don't think it's meaningful one way or another.
Yeah we'll see. I just think he'll do very well and keep KSU in the top half of the league.

• Agree
Reactions: mynameisjonas

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Yeah we'll see. I just think he'll do very well and keep KSU in the top half of the league.

Certainly possible. I'd much rather them hire him and not a knockout midwest recruiter though. We'll see in the end.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
ISU was picked to finish last in the conference and we're in the Sweet 16. Who knows how he'll do at KState but I think it was as good as a hire as there could have been. I'm not going to knock him for only previously being an assistant, times have changed.
First time/school head coaches in the Sweet 16:
Mark Few
Tommy Lloyd
Hubert Davis
Juwan Howard
Shaheen Halloway

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
K St has a history of hiring good coaches. Huggy, Martin, Weber are good coaches. As far as Tang being an assistant so was Martin. With hiring coaches, it is obviously not a guarantee. Any knowledgeable Cyclone fan downgrading this hire forgets the wilderness between Eustachy and Hoiberg and the last two years of Prohm. I’d rather hire an assistant from Baylor than somebody from Murray State.