Is Purdy Hurt?

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Three things:

No deep balls. I don't care if Butler is not here you can go long. I think there was one pass of about 20 yards but it was horrible, wobbly and wildy inaccurate. Reminded me of a Paul Rhoads coached QB.

Rewatch the game and look at most of Purdy's throws. His motion looked awful, seemed pretty different from last year.

No carries for Purdy. He had 2 'carries' but they were actually sacked for those. The Purdy TD that was called back, he was EXTREMELY hesitant to run on that play, almost scared.

Maybe I am crazy but maybe I am seeing something.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Three things:

No deep balls. I don't care if Butler is not here you can go long. I think there was one pass of about 20 yards but it was horrible, wobbly and wildy inaccurate. Reminded me of a Paul Rhoads coached QB.

Rewatch the game and look at most of Purdy's throws. His motion looked awful, seemed pretty different from last year.

No carries for Purdy. He had 2 'carries' but they were actually sacked for those. The Purdy TD that was called back, he was EXTREMELY hesitant to run on that play, almost scared.

Maybe I am crazy but maybe I am seeing something.

I have no idea if he is hurt...but I hate when he throws off of his back foot! I get that it happens sometimes due to pressure or being on the run but he seems to throw off his back foot on touch passes! I love the kid and love that he is our QB...just nit-picking a bit!

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
offensive line is hurt more like it
purdy running for his life in the 2nd half
everytime they tried to go deep he had to scramble
and he seemed a bit sluggish and tired
a bye week and one game under the belt will perk the team up

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I have no idea if he is hurt...but I hate when he throws off of his back foot! I get that it happens sometimes due to pressure or being on the run but he seems to throw off his back foot on touch passes! I love the kid and love that he is our QB...just nit-picking a bit!

He needs to learn to step up in the pocket instead of drifting backwards. That's why he throws a lot off his back foot IMO. If he steps up, he can step into his throws.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Meanwhile WVU is up by 7 against JMU. Looks like Vegas had that one nailed.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
No "REAL" RPO... Made it allot easier for UNI defend and took a vital piece of our offense away! Seems like way too much over reaction by the staff to keep Brock healthy.

Didn't see any Purdy runs vs Drake either. That's a staple of his game, and apparently CMC doesn't want to run it vs non D1 programs.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
No designed QB runs. Only one scramble where he did the Purdy things we all love. Got going throwing the ball down the sidelines then got away from it. I don’t really get the play calling.

They went conservative this game and I’m scared CMC does it against the hoks too. I know it’s non con games but sometimes I think they want to keep a more complex offense for Big 12 play.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
They went conservative this game and I’m scared CMC does it against the hoks too. I know it’s non con games but sometimes I think they want to keep a more complex offense for Big 12 play.

As I said in the game thread and @FinalFourCy agreed with CMC’s “KFish” (for lack of a better comparable) game management tendencies are worrisome at times. We can’t afford to play that game imo.