Iowa State #25 Coaches Poll

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
What are these polls based on? (It's nothing.)

No rankings or polls should be released until at least week 3.
They’re all based on opinion, so why does it matter when they start? Just a talking point anyway.

(To clarify, they’re based on the pollees’ estimation of what each team has returning from last year. Not nothing—otherwise we wouldn’t be there)

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Awesome! The program needs the publicity that comes with a top 25 pre-season ranking.

Listened to a podcast from Heartland College Sports this week. Pete had a guest from gopowercat (K-State 247 fansite) on and he was pretty butt hurt when praise for Iowa State came up. LOVED IT! Time for CMC and the buys to get it done so we can drink those k-state tears

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
They’re all based on opinion, so why does it matter when they start? Just a talking point anyway.

(To clarify, they’re based on the pollees’ estimation of what each team has returning from last year. Not nothing—otherwise we wouldn’t be there)

That is a stretch.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
I cannot understand why my fellow Wildcat fans could be butt hurt about not being ranked in the preseason.
When a team loses 5 out of 5 starters on the offensive line and 3 out of 4 starters on the defensive line, it is extremely difficult for that team to do well.

It does not bother me in the slightest that Iowa State is ranked. The Clones have a substantion number of starters returning. Their performance will determine whether they stay ranked or not.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I cannot understand why my fellow Wildcat fans could be butt hurt about not being ranked in the preseason.
When a team loses 5 out of 5 starters on the offensive line and 3 out of 4 starters on the defensive line, it is extremely difficult for that team to do well.

It does not bother me in the slightest that Iowa State is ranked. The Clones have a substantion number of starters returning. Their performance will determine whether they stay ranked or not.
Well, some of them...

Surlysurly.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone