Iowa Nice Guy arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Is driving drunk on gravel roads while shooting at signs and running over mailboxes dangerous?

Asking for a friend....

Never ran over mailboxes or shot at signs.........but when back in school a good friend bought an old New Yorker for about $500 and we would drive through small towns and rural areas running over wooden street signs. That was a tank, snapped them at the ground. What stopped it was when he tried to run over a sign with a metal stand. The sign bent about twenty degrees and his front tires came off the ground about 2 feet. Almost ruined the bottom of that old 440 engine. Oh..........no one had any alcohol.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
How hard is it to just not drink beer when you drive around. What’s even the point? You want a buzz while driving? That’s stupid. Booze cruising is just a lame ass excuse to try to justify drunk driving.

If neither is “fine” like you said, why even try to justify it?

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
How hard is it to just not drink beer when you drive around. What’s even the point? You want a buzz while driving? That’s stupid. Booze cruising is just a lame ass excuse to try to justify drunk driving.

If neither is “fine” like you said, why even try to justify it?

Well booze cruising is totally legal in a lot of states, including Missouri, as long as the driver is sober. I’ve gone booze cruising plenty where like 3-5 of us are drinking and the driver is sober. It’s completely fine

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Well booze cruising is totally legal in a lot of states, including Missouri, as long as the driver is sober. I’ve gone booze cruising plenty where like 3-5 of us are drinking and the driver is sober. It’s completely fine

There is literally not a state in the country that allows a driver to be drinking alcohol while driving, no matter if they are under the legal limit or not. Passengers, yes. Drivers, no.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyCrazy

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
There is literally not a state in the country that allows a driver to be drinking alcohol while driving, no matter if they are under the legal limit or not. Passengers, yes. Drivers, no.

The site you referenced says in Mississippi the driver can legally booze cruise under .08

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest

There is also no state that allows you to drive over the speed limit, have you?

• Dumb
Reactions: 3TrueFans

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
There is also no state that allows you to drive over the speed limit, have you?

Good lord. Yes, let’s compare keeping up with the flow of traffic to avoid causing accidents to driving impaired. If you refuse to see the difference in those 2 things there is nothing I can do.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Good lord. Yes, let’s compare keeping up with the flow of traffic to avoid causing accidents to driving impaired. If you refuse to see the difference in those 2 things there is nothing I can do.
You can’t argue with the “back the blue” crew. Common sense was left in a Casey’s bathroom in 2016

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
You hope he gets the help he needs yet you post his picture on the Internet. How do you even know he needs help?
I won’t defend drunk driving but this is a bush league move on your part.

Agreed. I think the advent of the internet is normalizing this kind of character assassination and I am pleased to see so many people "liked" or "agreed" with your post that this is a "bush league" move.

I have been on this forum before making this same point, but I think there's a few on this forum that, before posting, would benefit from carefully considering how they would feel if some third person posted derogatory stuff. The old "golden rule" could serve us all well. I doubt the OP would want to be called out in that manner if a public figure.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019

You seem to be ignoring the part of booze cruising where I said the driver is sober. Who gives a **** if the passengers are wasted and playing slap the sack with some fine boxed wine

Tri

Sep 10, 2009
I’m not in the Des Moines scene, what does Iowa Nice Guy do these days? I know he did some viral videos which feels like 10 years ago now.
I hear him on KXNO now and then attempting to sound deep and knowledgeable about life sports and culture. I get that’s part of the the talk show format for hosts(yes I know they just prepare for the topics and google a lot live) but he’s pretty funny doing it and doesn’t take himself seriously I hope anyway. I find him entertaining in small amounts. I wish him well. Hope he’s making me laugh again soon.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I’m not in the Des Moines scene, what does Iowa Nice Guy do these days? I know he did some viral videos which feels like 10 years ago now.

Probably because it was 10 years ago, at least the first ones.

Reactions: FarmClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Which can work...hopefully people abide by it (driver stays sober).

The open canister thing for passengers never made much sense. What harm does it do? Make the car smell like beer?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Is driving drunk on gravel roads while shooting at signs and running over mailboxes dangerous?

Asking for a friend....

Make sure the mail boxes you target aren't the 3" steel pipe filled with cement ones. That's how my uncle reinforced his after losing a couple.

Reactions: wxman1 and madguy30
Status
Not open for further replies.