Iowa Energy fire HC Matt Woodley

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
Surprising move to me. I had just read a recent article talking about how many injuries his team has experienced and really the lack of roster stability all season. Plus he is a local guy trying to get more fans for the team.

I guess this opens up the opportunity for him to coach at Drake if both sides have mutual interest.

• Creative
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I haven't been to an Energy game in probably 5 years-- do people still go?

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Now I'm intrigued. Do tell, nobody will know. This message board only reaches a million people a year.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Now I'm intrigued. Do tell, nobody will know. This message board only reaches a million people a year.

I do not have any clue, just speculating off the cryptic post. I will say I have not been to a game for about 3 years. They were always very boring. I will also say they were the only local sporting group in the Des Moines area that never donated to my Son's PTO for a Fun Night Auction. To be honest the never said no, they just never responded to the request and when I tried to follow up they never returned my calls. They were more than happy to contact my son's PTO to do a group night with the Energy however. By the way the Barnstormers, Wild, I CUBS, Drake, Iowa State, Menace and Northern Iowa always donate Tickets and Items. Energy want community support but do not seem to want to give back in kind. JMHO.

• Agree
Reactions: brentblum and Messi