Iowa Dual Discussion

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Fellers is still fantasizing about running on the mat last year in Hilton as a spectator.

Wasn't Fellers partly responsible for breaking up the chaos on the mat after the meet and preventing it from turning into a real riot?

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Updated predictions based off the lineup I believe Iowa goes with:
125: Lee TF Kysen (5-0 Iowa)
133: Ramazan Dec Teske (5-3 Iowa)
141: Woods Dec Swiderski (8-3 Iowa)- really want to pick Casey, but it's tough for me to pick a true freshman in carver against a top 5 kid.
149: Murin Dec Paniro (11-3 Iowa)- similar to 141
157: Kraisser Dec Seibrecht (11-6 Iowa)
165: Carr Dec Kennedy (11-9 Iowa)
174: Broderson Dec Brands (12-11 ISU)
184: Coleman Dec Assad (15-11 ISU)
197: Bastida Dec Warner (18-11 ISU)
Hwt: Cass MDec Schuyler (18-15 ISU)

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Might Brands "give" the meet to Dresser and not wrestle any of his best guys rather than lose an honest meet? I don't want to underestimate the depths to which he will go to "win" the personal battle with Dresser.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Updated predictions based off the lineup I believe Iowa goes with:
125: Lee TF Kysen (5-0 Iowa)
133: Ramazan Dec Teske (5-3 Iowa)
141: Woods Dec Swiderski (8-3 Iowa)- really want to pick Casey, but it's tough for me to pick a true freshman in carver against a top 5 kid.
149: Murin Dec Paniro (11-3 Iowa)- similar to 141
157: Kraisser Dec Seibrecht (11-6 Iowa)
165: Carr Dec Kennedy (11-9 Iowa)
174: Broderson Dec Brands (12-11 ISU)
184: Coleman Dec Assad (15-11 ISU)
197: Bastida Dec Warner (18-11 ISU)
Hwt: Cass MDec Schuyler (18-15 ISU)
I like this. I would be more inclined to say we lose one of 57 or 74 and win one of 41 or 49.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Might Brands "give" the meet to Dresser and not wrestle any of his best guys rather than lose an honest meet? I don't want to underestimate the depths to which he will go to "win" the personal battle with Dresser.
Don’t put too much stock into Tom thinking. He struggled with that concept. Lee is the major question mark. I say he wants 33 to start now that allows him to determine if he needs to throw Lee out there or not.

Did they have a large recruiting class? Wondering where all their money went from last years seniors.

Reactions: wxman1

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I like this. I would be more inclined to say we lose one of 57 or 74 and win one of 41 or 49.
Don't get me wrong, I have my cardinal and gold glasses on for this prediction. We could easily lose 57, 74, 97 and get routed. But imagine beating Iowa in Carver with Tim and Jerry putting their top lineup out there

Reactions: Ocy Docy

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
This meet is going to be electric! History would tell us that Iowa should dominate, they always seem to win matches against us in Carver even when are guys are favored. I'm not making any predictions other than I think we'll see their best lineup and depending on what weight the meet starts at we will see Lee, Teske and Woods. I'm sure they'll try to start at 141 or 149 so they don't have to use at least Lee.
I am worried Kraisser may get decked/pinned.
Kennedy is tough and has a motor Carr better be ready. Warner you can tell wants revenge.

Let's go Cyclones quite that place down early!

Last edited:

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Don’t put too much stock into Tom thinking. He struggled with that concept. Lee is the major question mark. I say he wants 33 to start now that allows him to determine if he needs to throw Lee out there or not.

Did they have a large recruiting class? Wondering where all their money went from last years seniors.

Their 2023 recruiting class is very good.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Don't get me wrong, I have my cardinal and gold glasses on for this prediction. We could easily lose 57, 74, 97 and get routed. But imagine beating Iowa in Carver with Tim and Jerry putting their top lineup out there

archer-stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-erect.gif

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I'm pulling for ISU to take down Brands & co. That being said, until ISU actually gets it done... it's reasonable to assume the Hoks win a close one.

BTW, you could not pay me to go to CHA and watch this with all of these knuckle dragging, Walmart mouth breathers.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I was too. Little JM needs to get older before I take him into that hellhole wearing enemy colors.
I am just thankful the ones around us were respectful enough when I took LittleWx last year in Hilton. Still way too damn many of them in there though.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
They don't have any freshman that they can put out there that would help.

Next year, they will have the ability to do that. Jesuroga, Kueter, Arnold and others

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Swiderski is a work horse. I will be surprised if he lets the environment overcome him. Woods also hasn’t wrestled in that type of environment and the pressure of living up to the hype in his first match with an intense crowd could get to him. He has been known to lose the big matches. Don’t think it’s only our guys this could impact. Expectations have a way of making guys crumble - Teske, woods. I also like the fact Swiderski has wrestled in big matches and I’ve yet to see that effect him

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I am just thankful the ones around us were respectful enough when I took LittleWx last year in Hilton. Still way too damn many of them in there though.
I would 100% take him this year if it was in Hilton. It’s that place out East, too many bad things can happen he doesn’t need to hear or see.

I can see it now.

*getting back home that night*

Little JM mom: how did it go? Did you have fun?

Little JM: oh heck yeah! People were yelling and screaming the whole time! Then some guy in an Iowa cut off sleeve shirt told dad something about shutting up and spilled beer on him. And then dad punched the right in the face!!

Me: walks in with hand wrapped up in a bloody cloth

Yeah…. That would be the end of little JM going to ISU events with his dad for awhile.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
PSU level good. Imagine 3 Swiderski’s.
The one swing guy in that class is Kueter imo. I don't believe he ends up wrestling the entire time he's there, but if he does he has the potential to be a multiple time NCAA champion. Jesuroga is also a stud, I'm not sold on Gabe Arnold though and think Naak ends up being a better recruit than him

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
The one swing guy in that class is Kueter imo. I don't believe he ends up wrestling the entire time he's there, but if he does he has the potential to be a multiple time NCAA champion. Jesuroga is also a stud, I'm not sold on Gabe Arnold though and think Naak ends up being a better recruit than him
I’ll just repeat what you say from now on

• Haha
Reactions: stuclone

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
The 2 I forgot are Chittum and Ryder Block.