Iowa Dual Discussion

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Not even close. Jesuroga isn’t even close to being ready. Guys with any length will cause him fits. Arnold has regressed or stayed flat throughout his his high school career. Kueter is the jewell and how much he will wrestle is a big unknown. Ryder is good but not close to Swiderski level. Definitely a top class but this class is fairly weak at the top. Chittum is a stud but not sure how good of a folkstyler he will be.

As others have said several times, I'm pretty excited to see Naak vs. Arnold this year. Linn-Mar and City High are at a few tournaments together, including this Friday in Coralville.

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
Anyone want to take a guess at how many pages there will be in this thread by the end of the dual? I'll set the O/U at 30.5

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Not even close. Jesuroga isn’t even close to being ready. Guys with any length will cause him fits. Arnold has regressed or stayed flat throughout his his high school career. Kueter is the jewell and how much he will wrestle is a big unknown. Ryder is good but not close to Swiderski level. Definitely a top class but this class is fairly weak at the top. Chittum is a stud but not sure how good of a folkstyler he will be.
Chittum as much as I like him is still a huge mystery too. He’s probably the same age as Rathjen and went back and forth with him in freestyle. Freestyle is Chittums best style. And no one expects Rathjen to be a national champ. Rocky cozart. Marsteller. Sebolt. Anthony Valencia. Taylor Massa. Let’s see if he ends up like one of them or not.

Reactions: CycloneVet

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
The Brands brothers went to Sheldon high school whose mascot was an Orab... literally just a combination of their school colors ORANGE and black.

Seems fitting, no?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Not sure I agree on Jesuroga. He has won pretty much everything possible, Fargo, Super 32, Cadet World medalist. As a light weight at Iowa, I’d be surprised if he isn’t a 4x AA and multiple time title contender. Honestly many more credentials than Swiderski.

Keuter is a world champion and if he dedicates to wrestling he’ll win multiple titles. Football is a question mark.

Chittum is similar to Jesuroga. Won everything there is to win and has won significant folkstyle events too. He is the top recruit in the class.

Reactions: CycloneVet

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Ayala will still have 3 years after this year left. Does Ayala or jesuroga go 133? If you say jesuroga he’s getting killed at 133. Hwt has Feldman for 4 more years after this one.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Not sure I agree on Jesuroga. He has won pretty much everything possible, Fargo, Super 32, Cadet World medalist. As a light weight at Iowa, I’d be surprised if he isn’t a 4x AA and multiple time title contender. Honestly many more credentials than Swiderski.

Keuter is a world champion and if he dedicates to wrestling he’ll win multiple titles. Football is a question mark.

Chittum is similar to Jesuroga. Won everything there is to win and has won significant folkstyle events too. He is the top recruit in the class.
Agree Keuter is outstanding. But he needs to build up to HWT, right? Much different than wrestling 220, I assume but maybe getting to 240 won't be that hard. Thoughts?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Chittum as much as I like him is still a huge mystery too. He’s probably the same age as Rathjen and went back and forth with him in freestyle. Freestyle is Chittums best style. And no one expects Rathjen to be a national champ. Rocky cozart. Marsteller. Sebolt. Anthony Valencia. Taylor Massa. Let’s see if he ends up like one of them or not.
Definitely. But we’re just talking about recruits. Anytime you can get the #1 overall recruit that is a good thing. Just as we were ecstatic about Swiderski, Hawk fans should be extremely happy with the 3 recruits in the top 10 of next years class.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
PROBABLE LINEUP
Wt. Name Year Hometown Record Career Intermat Flo WIN
125 Kysen Terukina Jr. Ewa Beach, Hawaii 3-2 26-17 19 12 16
133 Zach Redding Jr. Manorville, N.Y. 3-1 19-10 15 15 14
-or- Ramazan Attasauov Jr. Nalchik, Russia 4-0 29-11 NR NR NR
141 Casey Swiderski Fr. Dundee, Mich. 4-0 4-0 12 8 7
149 Paniro Johnson Fr. Erie, Pa. 4-0 4-0 8 9 13
157 Jason Kraisser Sr. Ellicott City, Md. 2-2 27-14 NR NR NR
165 David Carr Sr. Canton, Ohio 6-0 72-2 3 3 3
174 Julien Broderson Jr. Davenport, Iowa 5-0 24-12 23 NR NR
184 Marcus Coleman Sr. Ames, Iowa 5-0 80-37 5 5 5
197 Yonger Bastida Jr. Trinidad, Cuba 5-0 34-11 6 6 6
HWT Sam Schuyler Sr. Kings Park, N.Y. 5-0 55-30 10 12

https://cyclones.com/documents/2022/11/30/5_-_Iowa.pdf

Reactions: enisthemenace

cyclone1350

Jul 23, 2016
Going to first dual in Carver on Sunday. Any advice?! Going with group of buddies and I'm the only Cyclone! Can only imagine the level of douchebaggery that will be in Carver. Gotta love hawk wrestling fans lol. Probably hear a story or two about how great they were in high school and could've won state. Looking forward to it! Gunna be an exciting dual...See how much hostility will carry over from last year!

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Going to first dual in Carver on Sunday. Any advice?! Going with group of buddies and I'm the only Cyclone! Can only imagine the level of douchebaggery that will be in Carver. Gotta love hawk wrestling fans lol. Probably hear a story or two about how great they were in high school and could've won state. Looking forward to it! Gunna be an exciting dual...See how much hostility will carry over from last year!
Make sure to schedule a penicillin shot next week. Don't want you catching anything.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Honestly, if you are with a group of hawks you should be okay but don't leave the pack...I repeat DO NOT leave the pack.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

All are big time studs

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

No you don’t have to love Hawk wrestling fans. And there is no doubt a lot of them would have won state without that OWI and assault charges they received in kindergarten.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron