Iowa Beers Release/Distribution Thread

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I saw that it was coming a few weeks ago. Anybody see any yet? 5 years ago I would have killed a man for some 3 Floyds Distro. I"m still excited, but no longer willing to kill for it. :jimlad:
Same. I use to stop over when I was in the Chicago area and they had some solid beers.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Just talked about that beer with a guy who works at Hy Vee and mentioned that they were coming back to iowa never had their beer before. Is it pretty good beer?

I had a bottle of Space Dust a few years ago when I was in Michigan. It was just okay, but it might have been a little old.

What I've found is that there are a lot of good beers out there that we can't get in a store in Iowa, but usually there's an Iowa beer that's just as good or better -- it might not be distributed widely though, so you have to hunt for them.

Other recent additions to Iowa distribution: Mikerphone, 4Hands, Parish Brewing (probably more)

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I had a bottle of Space Dust a few years ago when I was in Michigan. It was just okay, but it might have been a little old.

What I've found is that there are a lot of good beers out there that we can't get in a store in Iowa, but usually there's an Iowa beer that's just as good or better -- it might not be distributed widely though, so you have to hunt for them.

Other recent additions to Iowa distribution: Mikerphone, 4Hands, Parish Brewing (probably more)
Yeah some of the bigger well known craft breweries that distribute to MN rarely get bought by me. Usually they seem to be on the expensive side and there is so much good local stuff that I either like or want to try that I'd rather just buy that.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Yeah some of the bigger well known craft breweries that distribute to MN rarely get bought by me. Usually they seem to be on the expensive side and there is so much good local stuff that I either like or want to try that I'd rather just buy that.

I'm really excited about 4Hands being around Iowa. Coming soon they have a seasonal release of this stout which is an all-time favorite of mine...I sure hope it gets sent here:

1696014332644.png

Reactions: dmclone and MJ29

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Just talked about that beer with a guy who works at Hy Vee and mentioned that they were coming back to iowa never had their beer before. Is it pretty good beer?
Everyone used to lose their minds over Zombie Dust, but it’s every where now if you cross over the Mississippi. It seems to have a particularly short shelf life and honestly would probably be more likely to buy easy eddy or pseudo sue if I wanted a citra bomb

Reactions: BACyclone

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I'm really excited about 4Hands being around Iowa. Coming soon they have a seasonal release of this stout which is an all-time favorite of mine...I sure hope it gets sent here:

View attachment 117381

Used to venture to their tap room a couple times a year when my sister lived a stone's throw away from Soulard (making it easy to go to Cubs/Cards games).

Some people really like a strong peanut butter taste, but if you like PB stouts I think the best one I've had (by far) is the Great Divide Yeti PB Stout. I'm a big fan of Yeti (one of the better robust flavored imperials you can buy with ease) but also find their PB stout to have the best balance of all of the stouts I've had. It can be a ***** to find outside Colorado, though I can find it from time to time in the KC metro.

If you can get it up there I would definitely give it a whirl.

• Informative
Reactions: BACyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron