Interior Paint Recommendations

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I also vote Behr for a great middle road paint that covers very well. Whatever you do, dont buy the Behr Pro. Being a contractor, we were given a 5 gallon bucket to try out and it is terrible. The paint is very watery/runny that it's a minimum 2 coat.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've thought I would buy some of the expensive Benjamin Moore Aura paint for a room many years ago. I love it so much, that I've used it on nearly every home improvement project since. Its very good stuff, and the color selections are great.

Also, their trim paint, the "Advance" line or whatever, has excellent flow and was perfect for my slightly off white trim in the house. It almost looks like the results you'd expect from an oil based paint. I love it.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
The Benjamin Moore Aura Matte has worked very well on most of my bedroom walls. The times I've had to wash it, the paint worked out perfectly. I also used eggshell in the Kitchen and Bathroom. In those cases, any time I've had to wash it worked without an issue.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I would suggest Sherwin Williams all day, every day! Their paints are the best. Yes, looking at the price per gallon will make you wonder who would ever pay that much for paint, but they almost continuously have 30% off paint and 15% off brushes/accessories. Also, if you stay with one brand (Sherwin Williams) and go with a middle of road paint now and later you want a superior paint they already have your color.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Whats this new bot resurrecting old threads? When I saw the thread title I thought it was a basketball thread for a sec.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Wife and I bought our first home in April and have been getting stuff cleaned up for the past couple weeks. Soon, we'll be at the point where we can begin painting. We're looking at repainting almost the entire upstairs floor of our home ourselves and are going to be dedicating quite a few evenings/weekends to it during May.

I'm fully prepared to pay for quality paint as I know it's better in the long run to do fewer coats initially and have more durability so fewer touch-ups are required. Question is, which paint brands/styles offer great quality without immediately jumping into the grossly expensive stuff? We'll be needing quite a bit, so hoping to save at least a few bucks per gallon without sacrificing quality if possible.

Thanks!
Shoot me a message if you want, I have a really good discount through Diamond vogul I still have from when I built homes

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Where were you and this news in July?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron