Interior Paint Recommendations

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I also vote Behr for a great middle road paint that covers very well. Whatever you do, dont buy the Behr Pro. Being a contractor, we were given a 5 gallon bucket to try out and it is terrible. The paint is very watery/runny that it's a minimum 2 coat.

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Amana, IA
I've thought I would buy some of the expensive Benjamin Moore Aura paint for a room many years ago. I love it so much, that I've used it on nearly every home improvement project since. Its very good stuff, and the color selections are great.

Also, their trim paint, the "Advance" line or whatever, has excellent flow and was perfect for my slightly off white trim in the house. It almost looks like the results you'd expect from an oil based paint. I love it.

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Amana, IA
The Benjamin Moore Aura Matte has worked very well on most of my bedroom walls. The times I've had to wash it, the paint worked out perfectly. I also used eggshell in the Kitchen and Bathroom. In those cases, any time I've had to wash it worked without an issue.

cyinne

Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I would suggest Sherwin Williams all day, every day! Their paints are the best. Yes, looking at the price per gallon will make you wonder who would ever pay that much for paint, but they almost continuously have 30% off paint and 15% off brushes/accessories. Also, if you stay with one brand (Sherwin Williams) and go with a middle of road paint now and later you want a superior paint they already have your color.