Illinois forums

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
we are 3 and 5. Not good against the Big 10. Although it can be argued that Michigan State and Ohio State 2013 we total screw jobs by the officials. Purdue and Ohio State 2019 were just absolute incompetence by CSP.

Luckily those are from different seasons, some in different decades, with different players and it has nothing to do with what happens Thursday.

• Informative
Reactions: Acer88 and Cyched

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
The people on the illinois board tend to have as cringy opinions as the dumb and disrespectful portion of this board. The 1st statement that keeps popping up is that they have the 3 best players from both teams. This is just a dumb take. Lipsey was 1st team all Big12 in a better conf. They don't have the 3 best players in the game.

The 2nd statement that pops up a lot is they have a better basketball history. Who gives a rats azz what happened over the last 30 years? Those teams aren't showing up to to play ISU tomorrow night. I never understand why anyone even brings that up. KU fans do that too. All that really matters is now when you play a basketball game.

The 3rd odd opinion is they feel they really went through a 'gauntlet' of a Big10 conf season. There are so many bad teams in the Big10. It is hardly a gauntlet. ISU was 7-5 against AP top 25 teams. Illiniois was 1-4. Granted Illinois is playing really well right now. But their best win all year was against Florida Atlantic. None of their wins are as good as our wins against Houston (twice), Kansas, Baylor.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The 2nd statement that pops up a lot is they have a better basketball history. Who gives a rats azz what happened over the last 30 years? Those teams aren't showing up to to play ISU tomorrow night. I never understand why anyone even brings that up. KU fans do that too. All that really matters is now when you play a basketball game.

Even if they wanted to argue history, its not like they've done anything in the last almost 20 years now given this is their first sweet 16 since 2005.

fnclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2010
So Illinois's star player has been charged with a rape which occurred last fall and his hearing is scheduled for May. How convenient.

Illinois fans must be so proud.
At least he wasn't placing bets online, that is the behavior that must be stopped.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
How little do people forget about Bubu Palo. I know he wasn't a star player like Shannon is for Illinois but a similar situation happened here like 10 years ago.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyrocks

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
How little do people forget about Bubu Palo. I know he wasn't a star player like Shannon is for Illinois but a similar situation happened here like 10 years ago.
I think those situations have some pretty important differences. Bubu had the charges dropped and the controversy came when ISU still wouldn't let him play. Shannon is only playing because of a court order and he literally can't talk to the press at all based on his attorneys advice because of pending charges. He literally can't talk to the press at all. If he goes off for 45 against ISU they can't interview him on the court after the game. That's really ****** up. The Bubu situation isn't similar at all.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Even though Shannon is not suspended.... can't Underwood simply give him the "healthy scratch" status and sit him?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Even though Shannon is not suspended.... can't Underwood simply give him the "healthy scratch" status and sit him?
University tolls him to treat him like any other player. But if it was me, I would have benched him

illinifan2023

Mar 23, 2024
hey y’all. I respect the hell out of your program and your site. I think TJ is a hell of a coach and don’t know why the fans on our sites are just looking past y’all. I’m looking forward to our game tomorrow, and let me know if you have any questions about Illinois and I’ll be happy to try and answer them! Good luck!

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I will say this, Illinois is lucky this isn't being played in Hilton in front of our student section, because they would not hold back in making TSJ feel the wrath.

I am going to take the nature of innocent until proven guilty. Until more information is known, I will reserve judgement and say what's ruled or happened has happened, whether I agree with it or not, they're still playing him. They want that hanging over their head, so be it. But if Illinois wants to overlook this defense, sure go ahead. I don't know much info, if there is video evidence and that occurred, that's absolutely disgusting. Unfortunately, bars and alcohol make a lot of people do dumb sh*t and if he tried to take advantage of a women, then hopefully justice will be served. If the female was insinuating she wanted it and then regretted her moves and then is taking it out on him, we have also seen this one before too. There was a football player who went to prison for like 8 years for false accusations. We have also seen the other side where females can ruin males lives and the same standard of them being held accountable for lying doesn't seem to see the same justice served.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron