IKEA

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
So much truth to it.

Awhile back I ordered a takeout pizza from Pizza Hut and I show up and they completely forgot about it. At that point there was an hour wait to get another. I started to get irate/demanding to make up for their error but the manager working there basically had a "**** you I don't make an extra dime whether or whether not I make you happy right now"...to his credit he was right and I just went somewhere else.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
boomers are losing it over this vid
"But but but the customer is always right!"
Whoever first uttered that phrase should be taken out back and beaten with sticks.
The customer is NOT always right. The customer is often completely wrong and an a-hole to boot.

A better rule of thumb would be "Try to accommodate reasonable requests."

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
So much truth to it.

Awhile back I ordered a takeout pizza from Pizza Hut and I show up and they completely forgot about it. At that point there was an hour wait to get another. I started to get irate/demanding to make up for their error but the manager working there basically had a "**** you I don't make an extra dime whether or whether not I make you happy right now"...to his credit he was right and I just went somewhere else.

Yikes. I've worked at Pizza Hut and Gumby's (RIP Ames location). Usually if you mess up you just move them to the front of the queue and make the pizza right away. It takes what, 10 minutes?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I think the only way you can't find at least parts of that funny is if you've never worked retail before.

I used to sell shoes at Dunhams Sporting Goods. I don't know how many times I went and "looked in the back" and just stood back there and sipped my fountain drink from the food court. "Sorry, couldn't find any of those in a size 14!!"

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Anybody else a fan of MAD magazine's "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions" by Al Jaffee? They are fantastic!

Reactions: Acylum

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Which CF posters does this guy remind you of?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Anyone who has ever worked a minute in retail will appreciate this video.

I had an old co-worker at Hy-Vee when I was in high school reply with the "can I talk to your mother" line when he was asked to go get a manager. I had to walk away so I didn't laugh in front of the customer. The lady walked out, and thankfully for my co-worker, never complained.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
This guy does make sense for sure. Not the greatest commercial, but point made.

Could be worse... could be a Progressive commercial. Those are the worst ever. I literally feel like I lost a couple IQ points after seeing a stupid Progressive commercial.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Anyone who has ever worked a minute in retail will appreciate this video.

I had an old co-worker at Hy-Vee when I was in high school reply with the "can I talk to your mother" line when he was asked to go get a manager. I had to walk away so I didn't laugh in front of the customer. The lady walked out, and thankfully for my co-worker, never complained.

100%. I think a fielded a version of every one of these when I was a kid. My favorite is the unanswerable statement... These days it's "It said on the website that it was in the store"... as if A) it couldn't have sold out between now and then, B) no errors ever occur, or C) the staff is hiding it from you?

Reactions: wxman1